• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have I made a mistake?

red5standingby

Earning My Ears
Long story short, for reasons outwith my control I had very little time to book my trip to DLP for me and the kids (two under 10s). Had to get something booked fast and didn't have time to do much research. I went for the Santa Fe for 7 nights (yup, seven!) but now that I've had some time to do some research I'm having a bit of buyer's remorse. Even with going into Paris itself for a day or two, I'm not convinced there's enough for the kids to do for a full week. I'm especially worried about lack of 'chilling out' options.

I'm worried that with no pool and not much to do at the hotel itself, the kids are gonna get bored. Getting sequoia lodge or marvel wasn't financially viable.

I spoke with my travel agent and they're offering to switch me over to Les Village Nature, but with only 2 days park tickets (which I'm not sure would be enough), but travel into Paris seems to be a bit more difficult there. We'll be flying in so would be relying on public transport.

Does anyone have any advice/thoughts?

Thanks.

On our trips we stayed for a week at a time at the Marriott timeshare, fairly close to Disney. We had Disney annual passes and a car, so we would drive in and park to take the train from the Disney parking into the city. Though not as convenient as staying in the heart of the city, we enjoyed breaking things up with a day at Disney, a day in the city, and a day at the resort. With our little one we enjoyed:
Oya: a game bar/cafe in the 17th district
Eiffel Tower tour: lift up, stairs down
arc de triumph
sandman's free walking tour
random playgrounds we came across in the city
sacre coeur (and the playground down the hill behind it)
And of course Disneyland!

I hope you are able to do a little more research and plan some wonderful things to enjoy with your little ones on your trip!

I liked the look of Les Villages Nature, but relying on public transport to/from the parks put me off.

Personally, I'd stick with what you've booked. Did you get the hotel and ticket package? The longer stay will let you stay for fireworks some nights and do extra magic hour on some days without burning the candle at both ends. In addition to visiting Paris, you have Val d'Europe one stop away on the train which has shops and restaurants.

The DLP site has some ideas for places to visit too, if you're looking to see some more of the area - https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-gb/tours/

I think that you will be ok with your booking. We always tried to stay at least 5 or 6 days and even if we were at DLP fpr the last 10 years it was never boaring.

As mentioned above you will find Val d´Europe (shopping mall) with only one stop away from the train or use the free shuttle bus for some of the partner hotels in Val d´Europe. The mall is huge and there is more than shopping there. Some good restaurants and even a Sea Life.

I really do not know exactly and I hope that someone can confirm this but I think that you can use any swimming pool in other Disney hotels when you stay in a Disney hotel. You always can go inside the othet hotels for a drink at the bars or visit the merch shops there. We always do this.

I would stick with Santa Fe. You could walk to the park with a nice track near the river and close to all the other hotels. Les Village Nature is too far away for what you want to do (in my opinion).

There is so much to do....have fun.

I would look into what the options are to use the pools at other hotels.

I would get more park tickets. 2 days with 7 nights on site... and you say it is booked short before arriving, so within the next couple of weeks? It will be Summer busy.

One activity to do on a non park day, go hotel hopping to meet all the different characters. They usually meet between 8.30 and 11 (or something like that) in the morning. Santa has some very fun costumes, cowboy outfits at Cheyenne, nautical at NPB, i think Sequoia still has classic Mickey and there is a lot of things to do in Marvel, special photo ops in Spiderman's room etc. Quite sure this is also available for non hotel guests.

One RER stop over is a huge shopping mall with an Aquarium, but if you are into designer outfits, there is an outlet as well, La Vallee Village. You can get some good discounts.

Thanks all. From what I've read you can't use other hotel's pools (would be nice if somebody could confirm though!) , but hopping around to meet other characters doesn't sounds like a bad idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter