• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have I blown it?

kazmom

Earning My Ears
I'm headed to WDW the first week of May - just me and dd (5yo) - our first trip. I just made my reservations so I imagine that ADRs will be nearly impossible to obtain. Are there enough walk-up and casual dining options that we can get by?

Have you tried going online to see what ADR's are still available? You may not get your first choice, but I bet there are still plenty of options out there. I like doing it online becuase it does show you other options available on the same screen, so you don't have to hunt restaurants one by one.

Have you tried going online to see what ADR's are still available? You may not get your first choice, but I bet there are still plenty of options out there. I like doing it online becuase it does show you other options available on the same screen, so you don't have to hunt restaurants one by one.

I will give this a try. The concierge at GF was not that encouraging but frankly, I would rather deal with it myself anyway.

I have been making my plans for the first week of june for the last couple of weeks with no problem. I have changed out many adrs even some last night for hard to get restaurants and I have gotten everything I want within a hour time difference.

We're going 5/20-5/24, and I have changed a few ADR's on-line. I even scored a LeCellier lunch just a couple of days ago. So- I think you'll be fine. Just keep trying!!:)

I'll be there the first week of May also and have been shocked at how easy ADRs have been to get. In fact, a couple of friends have decided to join me down there and I called yesterday and was able to change my ADRs from two to four with no problem. I have also changed a few others over the last few weeks. Go online and see what's available. Even if your favorites are not available, the computer will give you some alternatives that are. As of yesterday even CRT and Le Cellier had openings for that first week of May.

Agreed---we are going end of May, and I am still changing some ADR's---just had to change a few from a Party of 5 to a Party of 7 since some friends are now joining us---and have had no problem at all.

Give it a try!

I'm going the 1st week in May and just made my CRT Ressie today. Just call everyday something will open up. :thumbsup2

I just booked two days ago and was able to get some good ADR's. Ohana's, Kona, Boma, 50's. We are going without the kids so character dining wasn't a big deal for us. Now DH and I were talking and IF I can get a few signature dining places (Artist Point, Flying Fish, Cali Grill, etc) we will cancel our 1 TS dinners and go Deluxe. I'm at work so I have to wait until I get home at 5 to check. It's KILLING me! I have faith that they have some openings! We don't even need prime Wishes time either. Darn job has blocked Disney! :confused3

We're going in May and I just played around with our reservations a moment ago. Give it a shot. I'm addicted to online ADR planning. I think you'll be surprised at what you can get.

Pooh on the concierge at GF. :rotfl2: What does he know?

I just made a ADR for next week! There weere still lots of choices available for a party of 3 :)

Just keep trying and if you can't get ressies, try when you get down there-concierge may help, or just walk up and see how long the wait is. Last May we just walked into several table service restaurants with less than a ten minute wait-Marrakesh, mama melroses, and Tony's were three of them

Just keep trying and eventually you'll hit it lucky!!

Woah, there's a place online you can check for available ADR's? Can I have the link, please?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter