Have heard QS at MK isn’t great- but any standout decent meals?

2019TripIdeas

Mouseketeer
Have been perusing the boards and it looks like Magic Kingdom just doesn’t have the greatest quick service options. Our kids are young and I don’t want to spend a ton of $ on mediocre food. I know we’ll be in the park at least 2-3 times around lunch and I do have Skippers Canteen booked for an early dinner on one of those days (where I’m assuming we’d skip lunch all together- it’s a 3:50 ADR).

We aren’t huge eaters in terms of volume but we do like quality, flavor and healthy-ish. We’re all pretty adventurous and like spice- at home our favorite restaurants are Oaxacan, Vietnamese, Thai, Indonesian and my kids will take down some sushi ha!

At other parks and resorts I feel like we’re good- even HS has what looks to be some interesting options. MK I’m stuck though!

If we need to, we can totally snack our way thru the MK days, but I’m curious if anyone has favorite QS meals they think are “worth it”.

I've loved everything I've had at MK!! Pecos Bill has great tacos and nachos (with an awesome toppings bar), I like the flatbreads at Pinocchio's, had a great burger at Cosmic Ray's a couple weeks ago, always love the hot dogs at Casey's. Then there's BOG though it needs an ADR, but has some great sandwiches. So many delicious options!!

I think it all comes down to personal preference. The CS options in MK are good as far as I am concerned. My fmaily enjoys Columbia Harbor House as well as BOG. You can always book the Plaza for a nice lunch as well, although it is considered a TS restaurant.

Its funny that you mention DHS as having decent options because it is generally the park that is panned by most for terrible CS choices.

I think it all comes down to personal preference. The CS options in MK are good as far as I am concerned. My fmaily enjoys Columbia Harbor House as well as BOG. You can always book the Plaza for a nice lunch as well, although it is considered a TS restaurant.

Its funny that you mention DHS as having decent options because it is generally the park that is panned by most for terrible CS choices.
Yea, I've never understood that one either. I've had nothing but great CS meals at DHS, too.

Another vote for Columbia Harbour House. The food there is good and hearty, you can easily share a meal if you are not big eaters, and they serve actual vegetables as sides - rare for a CS in WDW. After a week of chicken tenders and fries I go there just for the broccoli haha!

BOG has the best food for lunch.

The carnitas nachos at Pecos Bills were pretty good.

Love Casey's hot dogs, and fish and chips at Columbia Harbor House.....behind Epcot, I think MK has the best QS in WDW :)

Taking note of the type of food your family eats, for a quick snack try the Spring Roll Cart located on the way to Liberty Square. Also at Gaston's Tavern try the Fruit and Cheese Platter for a healthier snack. The challenge at MK is to find food that isn't fried or highly processed fast food options. Not much for the adventurous or healthier eater. Enjoy Skipper's Canteen!

Our MK QS favorite is Pecos Bill’s: Fajita platter, southwest salad and taco trio are go-to items. We usually eat here on 2 different MK days because we like it so much.

On chillier days during winter trips, we like
Columbia Harbour House - a cup of New England clam chowder or chicken pot pie hits the spot when the weather is cooler.

We are not big fans of food at Pinocchio’s or Cosmic Ray’s (although we love seeing Sonny Eclipse at Cosmic Ray’s.) We don’t eat hot dogs at home really, so we always make a stop at Casey’s Corner (that’s been a tradition for our family since I was a kid.)

I personally think Epcot and AK have the best QS options. We always have trouble at HS, but to be fair we haven’t tried Woody’s Lunchbox or Docking Bay 7 yet. Will be trying both next time.

Last edited:
It’s not QS but the Plaza for lunch is comparable in price. My DGS loves it and the Mickeylodean dessert is included as an option for the side on a kids meal. My DH and I often share a meal. It’s always quick and inexpensive but we can sit relax and be served.

All QS options are mediocre at best, and outside of Epcot, we've not found anything truly unique or different in terms of offerings. That said, we think MK has better QS than DHS. Our favorites at MK are Pecos Bill's or Columbia Harbour House.

Our go to is Cosmic Rays due to the variety. I like the roasted chicken meal. It’s a pita for single parents with little ones though due to the multiple lines based on food choice. It only works with older kids who can order for themselves or at least 2 adults.

I think the food in MK is awesome! Hollywood Studios has, by far, the worst quick service food in WDW. Even things that sound good just are so terrible. I will never eat QS in that park again if I can help it & I'm a passholder, which means I'm eating a pickle & cream cheese pretzel for lunch if I'm there in the middle of the day! A lot of people really like Columbia Harbour House in MK, but my favorite is Sleepy Hollow. Their sweet & spicy chicken waffle sandwich is awesome & enough for DH & I to split (it comes with chips). Add a giant pickle and an apple or some veggies from Liberty Square Market next door (or hummus or babybel cheese or whatever) and it's a great meal! I used to love Casey's Corner but they seem to have gone downhill lately. Luckily, the other spots have stepped up their game. It's definitely no longer a "burger and fries only" world in MK. I think BOG is overrated for lunch. Skipper Canteen is fantastic but it *is* a sit-down restaurant. Honestly even a turkey leg is enough for 2 people to split, especially if you bring or buy some veggies or something to go with it. From my list the things that I truly think are awesome, "I would order this at home" items are the chicken waffle sandwich and anything from Skipper Canteen. However, the rest is more than good enough for me while I'm on the go in Magic Kingdom and I don't feel like wasting valuable park time to sit down & eat. None of those options have let me down like the garbage you'll get in DHS over by TOT/RNRC/ABC Commissary for lunch.
72880476_10219828806006802_6621691684587569152_o.jpg73255998_10219810743315246_1054231810503868416_o.jpg75328767_10219810743995263_9149280393550102528_o.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter