Have Flying Fish ADR for next Wed... Good Idea

BobDes

Earning My Ears
We have ADR for FF next Wed, but was wondering if we should switch to Il Mulino or BlueZoo instead.
Based on the food pics I have seen, I am not to sure about FF now... for the money, anyway.

FF is one of the better Disney-owned restaurants, but if you're not on a dining plan, I would never choose it over bluezoo/Shula's/Il Mulino (or Capa, La Luce or Bull & Bear, for that matter). If you don't have any discount (such as TiW), FF is a poor value proposition. It IS good generally, but if the price is far above your normal comfort level, you're probably better off elsewhere.

And now, stay tuned for the anecdotes of why I am incorrect...

I love FF; it's one of the few restaurants I repeat when at Disney. Bluezoo is also good but I do not care for Il Mulino at all. I thought it was really over-hyped and nothing special about it at all.

I normally love FF and it is a must do for each trip. It may be out of the rotation now for a bit. My appetizers were awesome as usual, but I had the scallops with the lobster add on for my main dish. Both were very very fishy tasting. I had the scallops and lobster at Flower and Garden the next day and those were excellent for about a quarter of the price. I also thought Il Mulino was just ehhh. That could be because we have excellent Italian in Chicago and it just didn't live up to what I'm used to.

Flying Fish was a standout on our last trip. I'm not a seafood eater, so I had the filet and it rivaled the one I had a few days later at Shula's. DH had the scallops and he thought they were wonderful. We're from Maine and he's had a lot of scallops! It was also overall the best dining experience, taking into consideration ambiance and service. Have never been to Bluezoo, but have eaten at the bar at Il Mulino. It was good but didn't quite live up to the hype I had heard about it.

Strip steak and pork belly app are fantastic, very good fish selections, excellent cocktail menu.

Flying fish is always a must do for our trips.
Excellent food, great service. :flower:

Well, let me tell you... this was our first time at Il Mulino and after the "bleh" hostess... the rest of the meal was fantastic! We are both from the Bronx NY and are Italian, so that gives you a hint as to how picky we are with Italian food. lol

The 2 servers were very friendly and professional. The meal started with great bread and an complimentary eggplant carbonata. We shared a sald and an order of the rice balls. We also shared the Chicken parm and a half order of pasta. We ended up taking so much of the food back to the room! While we ordered dessert, they brought us out 2 slices of flourless chocolate cake to go with our tortufo. So good!

All in all... a GREAT meal on our 1st day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!