Have any Canadians received emails regarding cancelled ADR's/FP's?

No email here either. Check-in date is Sept 27th at Pop, re-booked from April with the free dining recovery package with quick service plan and 4-day tickets. Last name is "L" but email starts with "C." Everything is still in-tact in my MDE, including the name of my pkg, stating free dining

Between what I've seen on Disboards and various FB groups, I can't make sense of why some people are getting the emails and some not.

My ADRs for late August are still showing, have not received an email. I cancelled our cruise and DVC stay on Monday and Tuesday, just hadn't gotten around to cancelling the ADRs yet!

I got the email today....but I just checked and our ADRs for end of August are still showing. (FP window hasn't opened yet). Gonna cancel anyways...boo hoo....but was surprised to see them there after the email.

We booked a package (room + Canadian tickets) if that makes a difference of who is receiving the emails.

Last edited:
I received the email today but was surprised because I had already canceled everything (room and ADRs) weeks ago.

I'm HM and I got the email today at 12:35pm. I have Canadian Rate tickets linked to a room-only reservation and my 180-day mark is June 2 for ADRs, I believe.

Nothing from Disney and all my ressies are there still (tickets, hotel and adrs) We are renting DVC points thru David’s so can’t cancel. I’m hoping that the government still has a travel advisory for our trip in Aug so I can put it thru my cancelation insurance. I really don’t want to wear a hot mask in aug. what happens on rides when they come off or someone needs to barf?

I didn’t get an email, but we are staying offsite so maybe that’s why? I have 5 tickets on my app. What’s worrisome is 3 of the tickets we bought with the Canadian discount months ago. But my concern is the two tickets we are using that are non-expiry tickets from years ago. We will see.

I received the same email as Donald although we are not booked until December. I wonder if I received the email because the original reservation was for July. It seemed strange as I can't book any fast-passes yet or make dinner reservations.

And my dining ressies are now gone from the app, but I didn't receive an email lol

Email starts with D
ADRs still place Fastpass date was supposed to be July 1st.
No email received yet.

Both my daughters trip at end of September and my trip in December are still showing in the App and we don’t have any emails. I suspect she will be cancelling, but I was hoping by December things would be safe enough to keep my trip. I also have free dining as part of Bounceback offer I booked last year. Any chance if I have to or want to move my vacation out later in 2021 that they would honour my free dining!? It would be a deal breaker for me if we have to wear masks the entire time we are there as I feel very claustrophobic when wearing one. I’m ok for short grocery trips but Don’t think I could do it for 8 Hours at a time in the parks-but sad if I had to give up free dining.

I got the email at 1:42AM Eastern time today. We do not currently have any Disney resort reservations, but we do have 2 sets of the original Canadian tickets (the ones that don't expire) sitting in the safety deposit box at the bank. A 4-day plus waterpark ticket and a 6-day park ticket. It surprised me to get an email this morning saying that any Fastpass+ selections that I'd had were cancelled. I am continuously playing around with the disneyworld.com website, seeing the room prices and resort availability. I was starting to worry that I had somehow accidentally booked a reservation :) I'd been toying with the idea of booking an early June reservation, with the expectation of Disney having to cancel and offer up a "free dining package" or something like that. I never followed through with the idea of booking a reservation to try cash in on bonuses for people who have had to cancel due to Covid-19. When I got the email I worried that maybe I had somehow done the reservation.... I came straight to the Disboards to see if others got the email, and they had - even people with no current resort reservations.

It will be at least 2 years before we go back to Disney. We are going to wait for the dust to settle on this Covid-19 mess before we even think of going back. We will continue to monitor the disboards, and watch the vloggers on youtube to see the changes. We've been to Disney every year since 2013, and would be afraid that some of the magic would be gone with all of the distancing modifications.

Within minutes of me checking my reservation on the App, I got the Disney email about cancelling the dining portion of my reservation and reducing my room rate by 35%. They said further communication will take place. Sigh

Both my daughters trip at end of September and my trip in December are still showing in the App and we don’t have any emails. I suspect she will be cancelling, but I was hoping by December things would be safe enough to keep my trip. I also have free dining as part of Bounceback offer I booked last year. Any chance if I have to or want to move my vacation out later in 2021 that they would honour my free dining!? It would be a deal breaker for me if we have to wear masks the entire time we are there as I feel very claustrophobic when wearing one. I’m ok for short grocery trips but Don’t think I could do it for 8 Hours at a time in the parks-but sad if I had to give up free dining.
one of the things that was mentioned is the cancellation of any and all dining plans and no ability to add it. It won't matter if you go or don't, there will be no dining plan, free or otherwise.

one of the things that was mentioned is the cancellation of any and all dining plans and no ability to add it. It won't matter if you go or don't, there will be no dining plan, free or otherwise.
I was just hoping they allowed me to push my reservation to say october 2021 and keep free dining. Too many unknowns I guess. I suspect we will be cancelling our December trip

Got ours at 9:25 EDT. We were booked on a free dining, (original offer from Jan, not a COVID one). They took away the dining plan and offered a 35% off the room instead, which means not only is the experience reduced, the cost has now gone way up for us. The room was booked at 260(ish) a night. The free dining for 4 people in a moderate was the equivalent of 220 (55x4) a night. I’ve been holding off on cancelling As long as I could, as I didn’t want to take the financial hit of cancelling a miracle happened and we could go. This is basically imposing that financial hit on us by taking away the free dining plan so I guess I’ll be cancelling it now.

Edit: Just checked in MDE and my hotel package stills mentions the DDP and my ADRs are still booked. But my Cabana at TL is missing.

Last edited:
I got an email informing me of the situation and I have a room only reservation for the 50th anniversary next year.

No email yet. My trip early to mid Sept.

The discussed offer of 35% off hotel rate at my booked AS Music as guest recovery for cancelled free dining - esp when I paid the upgrade to table service- doesn't do anything for me. With reduced experiences including no fireworks, parades and likely inside shows, it's a no go for me. Was hoping guest recovery would offer rebooking of free dining at same price next fall. Perhaps not realistic for WDW when they don't know what next fall will bring. I also suspect that there is absolutely no benefit to WDW to honour free dining now. With mandatory distancing and dramatically lower park capacity, the need to fill hotels in August and September is not a priority.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!