Have a babysitter - Where would you go eat for a nice dinner?

Sharene0724

Mouseketeer
My SIL is coming with us for our trip next summer and has offered to babysit one evening so hubby and I can go have a nice dinner without the kids. Last trip we went to California Grill and although it was super delicious and the service was great, it wasn't exactly a quiet spot to dine and have conversation.

So where would go eat if you had an evening with no kiddo's at Disneyworld? We do want to eat somewhere on site but open to either parks or resorts. Not going to be on dining plan for this trip so open to any location!

We also love California Grill, but can see how it wasn't the quite experience you wanted. As far as signatures go I'd consider either Jiko or Flying Fish. Both are amazing restaurants and offer a more refined and quiet atmosphere than CG. The restaurants in the Swan and Dolphin also cater more to an adult crowd. We really like BlueZoo there, but I hear great things about Shulas and Il Mulino too

If you aren't worried about using DDP, I would go with either Shula's or bluezoo. Both are delicious and quiet and really top notch. Then after dinner you can either play a night round of mini golf at Fantasia Gardens or walk over to the Boardwalk for an after dinner walk. Makes for a really nice evening. My third suggestion would be Jiko at AKL. The food and service are great and it is usually much quieter than, say, CG or FF. Then after dinner find a spot that overlooks the savannahs and just relax.

There are a lot of great spots depending on how you'd like to spend your evening.

DH and I really like to spend date nights in the Boardwalk/EP area, so we will typically eat at bluezoo, Kimono's or Monsieur Paul. We will then stroll through WS and the Boardwalk.

Artist Point at WL is also really nice. WL is gorgeous and the restaurant is one of the quieter signatures, IMHO. Jiko is also a great spot at AKL.

For this type of evening and paying out of pocket, I agree with others that bluezooo and Shula's are good choices. You should also check out Bull & Bear at the Waldorf-Astoria (I think only Victoria & Alberts's surpasses it) and Capa at the Four Seasons. Bull & Bear is superior to all steakhouses in WDW. Capa is steaks/seafood/tapas and on the 17th floor of the Four Seasons (with a view of fireworks).

These are all great suggestions! We will be at Boardwalk so the Dolphin/Swan and the BW/BC restaurants will be great for walking to & from. I also remembered we have an AP discount so I will have to take a look and see how much that impacts as well. I appreciate all the responses!

We just had an outstanding dinner at the Boathouse last week. Food was delicious, service was excellent. The place can get a little noisy, but we loved it.

For a romantic, quiet, date night dinner, I wouldn't do CA Grill (as you imply) given how loud it almost always is. Here are my top two quiet spots to enjoy.
Artist Point: Beautiful, romantic, good food and service, great wine list, and the beauty of the Lodge is available after dining. Go a little early and ask for a window seat. Great experience.
Jiko: Very similar comments vis-a-vis AP. Lovely spot to reconnect and enjoy superb dining. . .and each other's company.

If you want a little more excitement, try a place such as Morimoto Asia in Disney Springs. A bit more energetic and urban vibe than the two restaurants above but not so noisy as to not be able to carry on a decent conversation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter