Hau'oli Makahiki Hou from Disney Aulani Resort

I am great Len! I hope you, Sue and the dogs had a fantastic holiday and have a prosperous and healthy new year.

No kidding! I'm sure there are enough families visiting Aulani to keep you busy all year!!! I'd sign up, for sure. Unfortunately haven't been too thrilled with the (albeit limited) PP sunset pics I've seen. Would love some better ones but not looking to make a huge investment (on top of the huge trip investment!!); I'm sure many other folks would feel the same. Let us all know if you decide to moonlight (pun intended!)!

Are the family pictures you and Suzi talking about ones taken by cast members?

I'd definitely up for doing a shoot with you and your family @cgattis as long as I have no conflicting events. Are you planning to bring your camera gear too? We could possible do some long exposure evening shots if time permits!

Mahalo for sharing your beautiful photos! I was kind of on the fence if we were going to head here next Christmas, but you've done such a great job in bringing the spirit of Aulani to my screen, that I think this is something we're really going to strive for!

I'm even encouraged to bring my DSLR and tripod now to try to take some good photos too! I think this is a better place to try for long exposures than at Disneyland itself as there's always so many people there. Thank you again for this lovely tour.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with Aulani @Canadian Harmony, although I do think it's a bit over priced (but this is strictly a local's POV). Totally agree, shooting Aulani at night, compared to the Disney parks, was like taking candy from a baby!

I am saving this trip report for tomorrow....I literally just spent 4 hours reading your entire WDW 2015 report and am in awe of your photos! I havne't been able to force myself to go for a full frame camera. I'm a Canon user, though and a total hobbyist but would love to force myself to sit down and learn how to really get comfortable with manual mode. Do you bring your tripod into the parks in your backpack? I'm assuming is folds up fairly nicely?

We are headed to Aulani for the first time in a little over 4 months (actually our first time at any Hawaiian island! Looking forward to this report!

I am addicted to your photo reports :)
As mentioned in your WDW photo report we will be at Aulani at the end of May. I am definitely bringing my dSLR but my tripod if very old (it's more of a sentimental reason I don't replace it as it was my now deceased father's)...but I really need to replace it with a more collapsible one! I do have a gorilla pod which is obviously smaller. I am going to brush up on my camera functions and practice before we arrive in Hawaii! Thank you for the motivation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!