Haunted Mansion Down starting 8/20

That was our risk of booking aug 25-sep1
Oh well next time.
Same here. I expected this... I just really hope the Tiki Room comes off the refurb list in late August (we will be there the 24th & 25th). It seems goofy that I'd miss the Tiki Room more than Matterhorn, but there is just something about enjoying a dole whip with the show.

I think you mean that it is going down for it's annual overlay. Whenever they move HalloweenTime up, the HM overlap moves up too.

Didn't think I really needed to say that, people know about the overlay, but an exact date it was going to be closed for that was unknown.

Same here. I expected this... I just really hope the Tiki Room comes off the refurb list in late August (we will be there the 24th & 25th). It seems goofy that I'd miss the Tiki Room more than Matterhorn, but there is just something about enjoying a dole whip with the show.

I'm keeping an eye out. Usually attractions reopen on Fridays or Saturdays and the app only goes through Monday 8/20 currently.

Glad I’ll catch it as I’m going the 15-20 in August. I feel for those that will miss it. When I went in April my first day was the day POTC closed.

Didn't think I really needed to say that, people know about the overlay, but an exact date it was going to be closed for that was unknown.

Ah, there are always newbies. Never assume.

After all, I wasn’t sure if YOU knew why it was closed from your post! :)

Haha, been going to it since the first time they did the overlay. And now realizing how long they have been doing it, makes me feel really old all of a sudden.

Do you know when it will be down again to remove the Halloween decorations? I assume it will be open again in time for Thanksgiving week, when we will be there.

Do you know when it will be down again to remove the Halloween decorations? I assume it will be open again in time for Thanksgiving week, when we will be there.

The Jack Skellington overlay stays through the entire Christmas/New Year's holiday season. It will most likely close Monday Jan. 7 or Tuesday Jan. 8.

Last edited:

Yes some of us are newbies to DL, 1st time going. But if you need help with WDW, call.

I have now begun to wonder why WDW doesn't do any holiday changes besides the decorations. No ride closures to speak of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter