Haunted Mansion 50th Anniversary event

Is that what was stated on the ticket page, one ticket per reservation? If so, that puts me out. I could see two, but one?
So before the page was taken down I did email Disney events for clarification on this. Was it one ticket per person per reservation meaning can I make a reservation for me and my BF or would we each have to try and get a ticket separately. They emailed back this morning they are unaware of any details surrounding the event currently and recommend waiting until the official announcement is released. Obviously someone jumped the gun sharing the event page, but it makes me wonder if tickets are really going on sale this week.

We went to the 40th anniversary event and had so much fun, but it was cheaper than this and included a LOT more things. They had 4 packages, the top two included a room at the Grand or DLH. This is the one I did and it was really cool, the merchandise was great. I would totally do it again if it was up to this level, but not for about the same price with a lot less included.

dearlydepartedpackage.jpg

We went to the 40th anniversary event and had so much fun, but it was cheaper than this and included a LOT more things. They had 4 packages, the top two included a room at the Grand or DLH. This is the one I did and it was really cool, the merchandise was great. I would totally do it again if it was up to this level, but not for about the same price with a lot less included.

View attachment 401862
I agree, I did the Dearly Departed package for the 40th, and the dinner and seminar were really wonderful...the 50th sounds like nothing more than a themed after-hours event and a cash grab for merch.

So before the page was taken down I did email Disney events for clarification on this. Was it one ticket per person per reservation meaning can I make a reservation for me and my BF or would we each have to try and get a ticket separately. They emailed back this morning they are unaware of any details surrounding the event currently and recommend waiting until the official announcement is released. Obviously someone jumped the gun sharing the event page, but it makes me wonder if tickets are really going on sale this week.

The language still states this [Limit ONE (1) ticket per reservation, per person, per event date.], so I'm still trying to figure out if you can register two people. Because it sounds like you either need to register separately or register one after the other, both seem to be in danger of one person getting in and other other getting shut out.

The Parks Blog says this:
Event Ticket Tip: When purchasing the event ticket, you will be allowed to purchase one (1) ticket per person, per event date, per transaction. You might wonder why, and it is due to the merchandise offerings that will be released in conjunction with the event which requires each ticketed event guest to have a unique registration ID.
I totally get that, but I'm still confused as to the actual logistics involved. Ha!

Sounds like they are opening this up to a lot more guests. I didn't see any limit now. Did I miss it?

The language still states this [Limit ONE (1) ticket per reservation, per person, per event date.], so I'm still trying to figure out if you can register two people. Because it sounds like you either need to register separately or register one after the other, both seem to be in danger of one person getting in and other other getting shut out.

Event Ticket Tip: When purchasing the event ticket, you will be allowed to purchase one (1) ticket per person, per event date, per transaction. You might wonder why, and it is due to the merchandise offerings that will be released in conjunction with the event which requires each ticketed event guest to have a unique registration ID.
I totally get that, but I'm still confused as to the actual logistics involved. Ha!

I just replied to the email they sent me when I asked the question. Hopefully we can get an answer soon. It seems odd that you wouldn't be able to purchase for your travel party at the same time. I wonder if they will ask you to assign names to each ticket when you purchase them since they have all the disclaimers about them not being transferable or able to resell etc?

Hi! I'm trying to plan a trip from the East Coast around this, but I'm totally confused as to how I would buy two tickets given the "one ticket per guest per reservation" language. Do we both need to be on a computer, trying to get in at the same time? What if I get a nonrefundable, nontransferable ticket and my partner doesn't? Since we're roughly 48 hours away from ticketing, any ideas on when we'll know more?

Hi! I'm trying to plan a trip from the East Coast around this, but I'm totally confused as to how I would buy two tickets given the "one ticket per guest per reservation" language. Do we both need to be on a computer, trying to get in at the same time? What if I get a nonrefundable, nontransferable ticket and my partner doesn't? Since we're roughly 48 hours away from ticketing, any ideas on when we'll know more?

I think that is the question we all have right now lol. I had emailed Disney over the weekend when the link first appeared and was told they had no information and to wait for a formal announcement. Now that we have that I emailed back saying, okay now we have an official announcement can I purchase one for myself and my boyfriend since we will be there together. I don't like the idea of each of us having to try and only one of us getting a ticket which is then non-refundable. I would like to think it is something where you can list the names for each ticket but I don't know for sure. If I hear from Disney I will report back (Unless someone else hears back first)

I just got off the phone with Disney and they said you can purchase only one ticket per person per transaction meaning if more than one of you is going, each person would each have to try and buy a ticket. IMHO, that is ridiculous.

I just got off the phone with Disney and they said you can purchase only one ticket per person per transaction meaning if more than one of you is going, each person would each have to try and buy a ticket. IMHO, that is ridiculous.
So they're asking me to gamble with $299+tax. If only one of us gets in that ticket is nonrefundable and nontransferable and yet, who would to go alone or leave their family sitting in a hotel room? I'm a life long HM fan, but that really makes me pause and wonder if it's worth it.

So they're asking me to gamble with $299+tax. If only one of us gets in that ticket is nonrefundable and nontransferable and yet, who would to go alone or leave their family sitting in a hotel room? I'm a life long HM fan, but that really makes me pause and wonder if it's worth it.
My feelings exactly which I did express to them on the phone. It was a tough dollar amount to swallow before knowing that but I don't want to go to the event alone or be the one left in the hotel. I was hoping it would have been listing names or something but alas no. It really kind of makes the decision for me.

:scared1: wait what? That sounds crazy to me

I find it odd that the Parks Blog reasoning for this is the merchandise-piece, that every person needs a unique ID. As someone how has done events with RSP options, we registered two together and each have a unique email link with a shared email address.

That reasoning seems...weak.

I googled Haunted Mansion anniversary and saw a post from the 40th. Seems it was the same way back then where you had a max of one ticket per transaction. This particular poster stated that there were so many glitches (no doubt) that by the time she was able to try again after purchasing the highest package they were sold out. There were 4 tiers back then. Luckily she was able to get her spouse the smallest tiered ticket so they could do some things together. This time there is only one type though so it really is a gamble.

999 guests down to the word limited. I liked the idea of less than a thousand. Now who knows? This also cuts down the change for the merch lottery.

I think they are doing personalized something, that's why no orders for more than one. If only DL had family and friends lists for accounts. It easily could be done.

Last edited:
It is one ticket per person. I called the Disneyland ticket phone line to check. That means my spouse and I will have to be on our computers at the same time hoping we can get a reservation. Ugh, dare we even try? One weird thing though, when I spoke to the very nice CM regarding the HM tickets she stated they (DLR) weren't actually selling them and she didn't know who was. I thought that was weird, but I wasn't smart enough to follow up with more questions. :sad:

I have read the release 10 ways from Sunday and it *still* looks like they will only sell 1 ticket per person.
Am I misreading this? How will people get to go together? Who wants to go alone?

Please enlighten me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter