Hate to bring this up...have lovebugs arrived?

Yup. They are everywhere where I live in central FL. I'm trying to get stuff done outside today and have to do it in bits and pieces because I keep getting swarmed.
Your dog is GORGEOUS! :love: Give him/her a nice belly rub for me please. :teeth:

I have to say, lovebugs are absolutely DISGUSTING. I was there in sept a few years back and had a horrible experience with them. Each night i'd squash about a dozen of them that were in my room. They managed to get in from under the door. Or perhaps the maid left the door open...who knows. Either way, it was the most disgusting experience i've ever had a hotel and i vowed never go during love bug season again.

I've gone in early oct and the end of oct and i've never had any problems. Thank goodness! :)

Love bugs are definitely here. They are attracted to light colored buildings and such, so that’s why it seems worse in some spots than others. (My sisters White House used to get COVERED in them)

Love bugs are definitely here. They are attracted to light colored buildings and such, so that’s why it seems worse in some spots than others. (My sisters White House used to get COVERED in them)

Huh. I didn't know that. I guess that's why my white car is always covered in them.

Well we're going to Disney tomorrow and I'm going to wear black. I'd rather be hot than be a love bug magnet!

Huh. I didn't know that. I guess that's why my white car is always covered in them.

Well we're going to Disney tomorrow and I'm going to wear black. I'd rather be hot than be a love bug magnet!
Don't wear black. You'll die from the heat. Wear a lighter color. Lovebugs just fly around and land from time to time. Cars hit them because they fly so slowly and their guts destroy the paint on the car. Just brush them off if they bother you.

Agree with previous poster, they were terrible last wed at kidani pool. Kept coming in swarms! They seemed lighter on the previous Friday at the pool. They don’t bother me, but when the kept coming in waves on the pool deck, I just would jump in the water!

Oh yes they have arrived :crazy2: Saw them swarming but only in certain areas. Not everywhere.

That would explain all those weird bugs we encountered all over our resort during our recent trip. LOL. Oh well, at least they weren't mosquitoes.

Just returned yesterday....Lovebug are all over the place...especially Animal Kingdom...swarms of them on Tuesday 9/25

We were there the 19th through 26th and they were everywhere at the resort. Not as bad at the parks.

We were at F&W two years ago, first week of October, BCV and BWV, never saw any love bugs, although I have read that May and September are months for love bugs. Is this true? Are they found in all areas of Florida? Strange though, we have been at Vero around Memorial Day two years. Are they also on the east coast of Florida?:confused: Thanks!:goodvibes

I hope they lesson this week because my boss and his family are taking a first trip soon. I didn’t think to warn him about them. Oh well he may soon find out for himself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter