Hate to bring this up...have lovebugs arrived?

Threehearts

DIS Veteran
Hi DISers.
I am contemplating attending a conference in Orlando with a side trip to WDW in early October. I've been heartened to not have read any lovebug threads so far this September, but possibly I have missed them. Any reports or updates? I'm one of those people who would not want to be at Disney during their highly active weeks. Thanks!

I live north just of Orlando and saw some yesterday on my drive home from work.

The love bugs are thick here in Tampa, having seemingly arrived overnight! I went to get groceries and couldn't avoid several "couples" getting into my car while I loaded the bags.

I laughed when I saw this thread because yesterday I didn't see a single one, and today they're everywhere.

Yup. They are everywhere where I live in central FL. I'm trying to get stuff done outside today and have to do it in bits and pieces because I keep getting swarmed.

Here now. Have seen them at the resort (on the balcony) and a few around the pool chairs. We’ve come in September before and have seen it much worse. Seems pretty light at the moment. DD thinks they are funny so we’ve been entertained by them. :-)

Thanks! :( I think most people are fine with the love bugs. I had 2 trips when my kids were younger and it was challenging because we had a lot of pool time. A positive attitude is the way to go for sure.

Before anyone becomes worked up about the love bugs, I want to reassure you that most people really don't mind the little critters at all. I'm in the minority.

They can destroy your car.
And paint on homes.

I’m also here now and there were small clouds of them in Vero Beach. They are pretty much everywhere throughout Orlando and the Davenport area...my DD’s house appears to be a landing zone for them.

The love bugs are thick here in Tampa, having seemingly arrived overnight! I went to get groceries and couldn't avoid several "couples" getting into my car while I loaded the bags.

I laughed when I saw this thread because yesterday I didn't see a single one, and today they're everywhere.

Love is in the Air!
None here in South Fla

I saw my first 1 yesterday. And I only saw 1, so that was weird. I'm in East Central, Florida.

Before anyone becomes worked up about the love bugs, I want to reassure you that most people really don't mind the little critters at all. I'm in the minority.
They will ruin your cars paint if you don’t get them off ASAP. I’M from Fl and I do mind the buggers.

We just returned from PO Riverside. There were a lot of them. An attached pair landed on my foot while I was waiting at the bus depot. :teeth:

My daughter lives in St. Augustine and she has them there now. She is a teacher and they are on the playgrounds the kids seem to like them, but she does not.

We left there the morning of the 19th and we had over a dozen on the sliding glass door at AKL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter