Has DCA decided what new show will be in the Hyperion Theater yet?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I wonder if DCA has finally decided to put a brand new stage show in the Hyperion Theater yet? Because since Frozen Live At The Hyperion ended it's run it's shocking that no show has replaced Frozen in the Hyperion Theater and it remains currently empty now. You would think that DCA would be smart and put a wonderful show in it but I think DCA will do is turn the Hyperion Theater into a Marvel themed area for indoor meet and greets with Marvel characters and also have a Marvel comics museum there. If they decide to put a new show at The Hyperion Theater I hope it's a great show

It really makes me angry. There is so much talent and there are so many of us who love love love watching a show in the Hyperion. Why not do it? Disney could use the positive feedback. People are getting fed up with the crowds and the depreciation in visitor experience.

My fear is that they'll do something lame with the space and destroy the theater.

Sadly, this is the Disney company of today. Running a show like Aladdin or Frozen is not inexpensive--between the talent for multiple casts, all the tech staff and backstage support, and the front-line CMs there is a large recurring cost to putting on a show like that. They would need to do recruiting and rehearsals for several months before opening back up to the public, so there's also a large non-recurring cost. Woe to the junior executive who tries to bring that proposal forward, because the immediate question from their VP or SVP is going to be "What's the return on that investment? How many more guests are going to come to DLR each day because we added this show? What incremental additional F&B or merchandise spend are we going to see?" And of course the answers would not come back in a revenue-positive manner. It's no longer about delivering an overall amazing experience to all the guests, it's about squeezing the most money out of them for the smallest possible outlay.

If you look at it in the past when DCA opened it's doors in 2001 the Hyperion Theater was one of the top spots of DCA and every time you would walk through Hollywood Pictures Backlot that theater would always be full of people when they had a show. I don't recall what was the first show in Hyperion Theater that I saw but it must've not lasted that long because they added Blast and it also failed and was replaced by Aladdin then once Aladdin ended it's run Frozen Live At The Hyperion replaced Aladdin and now that Frozen is gone what they have done to the Hyperion Theater is a shock. I think what DCA is planning to do with the theater is use it for VIP premieres of new Disney and Touchstone Pictures movies with celebrity meet and greets or they could use it as a theater for concerts. But more than likely they will make it a Marvel themed theater as part of Avengers Campus and rename it Avengers Theater and have a Marvel show inside. Because when you look at it people really like Broadway style shows and what draws people to theme parks especially DCA is shows and if a great show was put in Hyperion Theater it would attract more people. But I think DCA is finding to create shows costly now to put in the theater

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter