Has anything scary or "unnerving" happened while you were on an attraction?

I feel for those parents of lost kids. It is scary when you even think they are lost for a second! I thought people would jump on the "spanking" woman stroy, but I understand (not advocating the spank, but the feelings). The few times my kids have been lost, I went from panic to relief when I found them, then anger! Of course, I explained WHY I was so upset!
Anyway, here's my little story...when I was a teen I hated the Universe of Energy (before Ellen). The movie was so boring. When the lights went down, I jokingly slumped forward in my seat (being silly with my mom, pretending I had fallen asleep). A very concerned CM came over, think I'd passed out! Whoops! I felt bad!

I was on the Dumbo ride and almost fell out. B/c the ride leans and there is no door on it. Luckly there was a seatbelt and I held on to Dumbo's ears. It is not safe for young kids to seat in the outside. Thats it says smaller children in first but i though i be okay becuase i was 16 at the time. Beware!

Moving this over to the ThemeParks Community Board since it does directly concern trip planning.

Thanks,

Knox

When we took the twins at age 3, we were letting them play in the Honey I shrunk the audience playground. Well ds was really nervous to begin with going by himself. So the first one he goes on by himself, he comes out at a different location than I thought he would. We both were so SCARED. Another mother brought him to me, as I looked frantically around. She said he was crying looking for me. Very scary!

We were at FOTLK in August of 2008. Just after the show started the CM that was in the stands next to us fell. I did not see him go down, just out of the corner of my eye. He hit his head on the corner of the metal benches and just laid there. We got the attention of some of the CM's below and they brought the paramedics.

The show was stopped and everyone was asked to leave. It was very scary and I have always wondered if he was ok. He looked like a young guy.

When I was 8 and on our first trip to WDW...my mom and I were in the same car on Space Mountain. I don't remember all that happened, but the ride was much faster than what my mom and thought it was going to be, and I had slipped down in front of her..and she basically had me around the neck. From what she says, there was a seatbelt on it at the time, not a harness or anything (it's been 10 years since I've been on it...I cannot for the life of me remember the restraint system right now) and that was also around my neck. She was scared to death and vowed to never go on it again. Years later, when she and my stepdad took my younger sister and brother...my mom was really upset with my stepdad (who was there on the first trip) because he insisted that they go on it, even though my siblings were terrified, and my mom was still freaked out from our experience years earlier. :scared:

Our trip this past June of 2008, we were dining at Crystal Palace. I have 5 kids, and my 3 year old ds is a roamer. He seemed to be somewhat afraid of the characters, so he hid under the table until Piglet arrived. After that, he was thrilled with the characters and was getting impatient when Eeyore hadn't done the rounds of our area yet. My other kids, minus the 1 year old ds got up to go to the dessert bar. We "thought" our 3 y.o. was with our 13 y.o. and 7 and 4 year old. He wasn't. My dh jumped up and ran out the front door screaming his name (we were seated directly to the right as you come inside..right by the front door) and the other kids walked around yelling for him. I stayed at the table with the baby, thinking horrible thoughts - it was our first day at the parks. I was a mess....trying to entertain the little guy. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw my 3 y.o. ds bopping along in front of a manager. Apparently, he had decided that he couldn't wait any longer, saw Eeyore and followed him to the door at the back...and went in! Oh lord....that kid. I was never so happy and embarrassed at the same time. He's earned the nickname "Houdini"...because he was right next to me then suddenly disappeared. :sad2: We had purchased a monkey backpack/harness that we brought with but hadn't used...after that...he spent every day with that thing attached.

When we took the twins at age 3, we were letting them play in the Honey I shrunk the audience playground. Well ds was really nervous to begin with going by himself. So the first one he goes on by himself, he comes out at a different location than I thought he would. We both were so SCARED. Another mother brought him to me, as I looked frantically around. She said he was crying looking for me. Very scary!

My little girl got lost last March in this area also, and I always watch my kids very carefully. We couldn't find her for about 5 minutes, but it seemed forever. She was in a little cave area. I think it should be renamed "Honey I Lost the Kids" play area!

Anyway, here's my little story...when I was a teen I hated the Universe of Energy (before Ellen). The movie was so boring. When the lights went down, I jokingly slumped forward in my seat (being silly with my mom, pretending I had fallen asleep). A very concerned CM came over, think I'd passed out! Whoops! I felt bad!

OMG I have a similar story from 5 weeks ago - I was in WDW with my friend, and we were riding Spaceship Earth. It was at the end, where they insert your face onto the Jetson-like cartoon characters' faces. We were hysterical, and I mean hysterical over this, the little skit with our faces dancing around about recycling was the funniest thing we'd ever seen (or else we're just easily amused). We both were laughing so hard we had tears rolling down our faces & Cindy was leaning over the side of the car, she was shaking because she was laughing so hard, but not making any noises. The 2 CMS at the exit came rushing over & asked what was wrong with her, was she ok? It must have looked like she was having a seizure! It wasn't appropriate of us, but that made us laugh even harder! We could barely walk off the ride. They probably thought we were a bunch of drunken idiots! No, just 2 moms with 8 kids between us alone & free in WDW for 4 days!!

DH and I were on our Honeymoon in October of 1999 when we went on space mountain. We were on our way up the belt to start the ride when we saw a man walking down the steps beside the cars. We thought he was a cast member walking out. WE got almost done with the ride and they stopped it completely. They turned on the lights and told everyone to evacuate their cars and leave immediately (we saw all the inner workings of the ride, pretty cool i might add!!). The CM we talked to said they were short one passenger and thought he may have fallen out. We told him we saw a man walking out and gave a description of him and they said that is the guy we are looking for. We said do we get to ride again since we didnt get to finish this one....He said well....get out of the car, go around that curve, and your done!!! I guess the guy was ok, he didnt seem hurt when we saw him.

this past june when me and my fiancee's family went to AK. my future mother in law, nathan (my fiancee) and johan (fiancee's little brother) went on dinosaur, while me and future father in law waited. Well after they came out we walked over towards the carnival area. My FMIL started feeling dizzy so we had her sit down on a bench. A few second later she passed out on us. We didn't know what was going on if it was the heat cause it was 108 degrees that day or her diabetis. Well DF and FFIN take care of FMIL. I was trying to calm down Johan who was 9 at the time. He was really upset but calm at the same time. But finally the paramedics came and they took FMIL to the first aid station, gave her some fluids and had her rest for little over an hour.
I work at a amusement park in Sandusky, OH during the summers and i hate see people get hurt or find themselves missing their children. So i am sorta not really use to it.

In July of '07, we were in line for ToT. It was a hot and sticky day. We were almost to the building to go into the lobby when all of a sudden we heard a thud and a loud scream. Everyone starts looking toward noise and we see that someone has passed out and obviously did so very hard onto the concrete. Someone ran to get a CM as we kept moving into the lobby. Never did hear anything more about the person. Hope they're okay!

In June of '08, we were walking out of Mouse Gears gift shop at Epcot and there was a non-responsive man laying on the pavement surrounded by different familys and one of the ladies was a nurse and was performing CPR. There were so many people around, just standing, hoping that he'd start breathing again. Eventually help arrived and he was taken away. Poor guy.

DH and I were on our Honeymoon in October of 1999 when we went on space mountain. We were on our way up the belt to start the ride when we saw a man walking down the steps beside the cars. We thought he was a cast member walking out. WE got almost done with the ride and they stopped it completely. They turned on the lights and told everyone to evacuate their cars and leave immediately (we saw all the inner workings of the ride, pretty cool i might add!!). The CM we talked to said they were short one passenger and thought he may have fallen out. We told him we saw a man walking out and gave a description of him and they said that is the guy we are looking for. We said do we get to ride again since we didnt get to finish this one....He said well....get out of the car, go around that curve, and your done!!! I guess the guy was ok, he didnt seem hurt when we saw him.

Am I understanding this correctly? Are you saying that someone somehow got out of the car after the ride had started? :scared1: How could this happen?

Am I understanding this correctly? Are you saying that someone somehow got out of the car after the ride had started? :scared1: How could this happen?

Thats what Im tellin you!!! I guess the bar wasn't tight enough??? Maybe malfunctioned and he pushed it up and got scared and walked out!!! I know, I know, hard to believe, but He did!!!

Thats what Im tellin you!!! I guess the bar wasn't tight enough??? Maybe malfunctioned and he pushed it up and got scared and walked out!!! I know, I know, hard to believe, but He did!!!

I had the bar fly up on me midway through ride years ago. So scared and I have never been back on that ride.

I believe it was 2004 when I saw a couple drop their video camera under the track of Spaceship Earth at the beginning where you get on. The guy got up to get it and the CM starts screaming at him to get back in the car. They stopped the ride because the guy wouldn't listen. A screaming fight between the CM and the couple (the wife got into it) commenced and all of a sudden Security came through a side door and took the couple off the ride.

More a pain in the butt than anything. :rolleyes2

Well this is kind of more amusing but it was scary at the time. We were on Dinosaur and we were just nearing the end where you are being persued by the Carnotaurus (sp?) and the guy is saying "Your not going to make it!!" when suddenly the whole ride went pitch black and the noise just stopped. We stayed like that with no announcements not even turning on the lights or anything for about 10 minutes. It got so hot in there I was scared there was a fire or something! Luckily it then started up again and we were brought back to the unloading area but it was pretty scary.

All I can remember thinking is "Did we not make it????" :P

Well this is kind of more amusing but it was scary at the time. We were on Dinosaur and we were just nearing the end where you are being persued by the Carnotaurus (sp?) and the guy is saying "Your not going to make it!!" when suddenly the whole ride went pitch black and the noise just stopped. We stayed like that with no announcements not even turning on the lights or anything for about 10 minutes. It got so hot in there I was scared there was a fire or something! Luckily it then started up again and we were brought back to the unloading area but it was pretty scary.

All I can remember thinking is "Did we not make it????" :P

That happened to us and the guy in front of me goes " I guess we didn't make it." In the most serious voice ever. We all busted up laughing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter