Has anyone used the Disneyland Paris Express?

mala55

Mouseketeer
When looking at the Disneyland Paris website they seem to have an option of a Dsineyland Paris Express
(https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-us/tours/disneyland-paris-express/). This provides you with 1 day of Park tickets (you can choose 1 or 2 parks) and a round trip shuttle from Paris. We are going to Paris this summer. This option is not yet available for summer yet, but if I were to book it for this Spring, it would cost me $408 for 3 of us. Not sure if the rates will differ in the summer.

Has anyone used this? Would you recommend? Pros and cons? The DLP website doesn't say what time the return shuttle to Paris is.

Thanks,
Maureen

In summer the main park wont close until approx 11pm when the night show is on (at closing). I cant say for certain but I cant see a shuttle from Paris staying that late - they often leave by about 7/8 pm I think

When you open the tab 'itinerary' on the website, you see the return time back to Paris is at 8:30pm. When you are near Gare du Nord or better Chatelet, I wouldn't take the bus, taking the RER is quicker.

Honestly I wouldn’t bother. I haven’t done this but it doesn’t seem good value.

A return train ticket from central Paris is around €15pp and the train runs late into the night (after the fireworks). It takes around 40-60 mins by train and would take probably more time in Paris traffic.

A day ticket can be as cheap as approx $70 from websites like picniq or attractiontix.

Overall the whole trip would be cheaper and you would get more time in the parks. Especially as the bus would likely arrive after official park opening. Thy actually let you in 30mins earlier so its worth arriving by 9.30am. Plus you can’t miss the firework/projection show.

A friend of mine did one day trip by coach in May and arrived at 11am and all she managed was the train ride (60 min wait plus travel time), took an hour to have lunch, watched the parade and had to leave before the park closed. I was there the same day and had done 5 rides by 11am!

Thank you! You are all great! We are eliminating the Disney Paris Express as a transportation option. We will either take the train or Im thinking of reworking our travel days. We will be in London before Paris. Maybe will take the Eurostar (chunnel) directly to DLP and a local train into Paris in the evening. Does anyone know where we can securely leave our luggage while in the parks?

If you take the direct Eurostar to DLP you wont arrive til lunchtime as there is only 1 a day so it wont give you much time in the parks. You would then be travelling to Paris and arriving at your hotel about midnight which you may not want to do on arrival as wont know your way to the hotel from the metro etc

You could do that and stay one night at DLP which means you will have the afternoon you arrive and the next day to explore the parks.
DLP is only small compared to WDW but definitely needs and deserves more than a few hours to experience it

If you do need to leave luggage there is luggage drop off at the park entrance (for a cost but can t remember how much), luggage storage at the station (lockers so a cost) or if you are staying in one of the disney hotels they all have free luggage storage

I agree with A Small World. If you get the Eurostar you will arrive around lunchtime. Disneyland Paris has 2 parks with a few shows, parade and fireworks so a few hours in the afternoon would not give you much time to enjoy the parks. The queues are always very busy around 12-5, so it’s alwys best to get an early start and stay til close.

If you do get a Eurostar, I agree that it might be worth staying the night at Disney so you have a full day. You could get a 2 day park hopper or spend your first afternoon in the village, pool or nearby shopping centre.

Luggage storage is around €10 in the station which I would recommend if you are coming by train. You can use the guest luggage storage at the park entrances for a similar price, however you would need to go through security with your luggage. All Disney hotels have free luggage storage and most of the nearby hotels also have free luggage storage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!