Has anyone taken your 13yr olds best friend????

hartin

Earning My Ears
Hi we have booked the three day cruise for August 1st.

MY ds, dd and dd's best friend and myself. Anyone else going.
Has anyone took another child with you on the cruise.
How was it and what kind of permission letter did you take.
Should we take anything else.
I am so excited this will be our 2nd time on the Wonder and I still can hardley wait.
but I am a little nervouse about taken someone elses most precious cargo with me.
Also I have concerns about birth certificates I did call the cruise line desk and ask them what is acceptable and they said as long
as it is a State issued birth certificate it is fine. We all have the little blue wallet size The Health dept. says this is on watermarked paper so it should be fine. I have read so much
about the birth certificate that I am still not very comfortable.
looking forward to hearing from ya'll.

:rolleyes: :pinkbounc

Oh have a wonderful time.

For the child not yours, you'll need a notarized letter in case of emergency. It should state the childs name and dates you have permission to administer emergency treatment or health care. Signed by her legal guardian. Make sure your note any allergic reactions that she may have and which medicines her parents prefer, aspirin or tylenol, etc.

I take my daughters friends away every year for her b-day. As a matter of fact we are going to Disney in July. I simply tell them that while they are with me they follow my rules. And if that is a problem then they are more than welcome to stay home. My daughter has pretty responsible friends so its not that hard. And 13 is a tough age, to test the waters. I do give them freedom and let them make their own choices, its amazing that they don't hesitate to find us when they feel uncomfortable about a situation or not sure of their decisions.

Have a wonderful cruise.

I think you will feel that taking your daughter's friend was a good move. We took my daughter's friend on our last cruise and everything went so well that this year we are actually taking two extra friends... a 14 year old for my son and a 16 year old for my daughter. As far as the birth certificate, we had no problem as long as it was embossed with the stamp. I didn't even have a notarized letter but I will do that this year because we are taking the two extra's with us.
Don't worry so much about the birth certificates... I'm sure everything is fine. I was the same way before our first cruise.. I worried for nothing.
Enjoy your cruise..

Rhonda

We are US citizens but my son's best friend (whom we are still thinking about asking to go with us) is from England. What will we need for him and how much of a hassle will it be?

The health dept said sc hasn't embossed their birth certificates for 20 years

HMMMMM....my daughter was born in 1993, in South Carolina and I have a BC that is embossed.

Phyllis
:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter