Has anyone stayed at Windsor at Westside?

TheMickeys

Earning My Ears
Please share your experiences. Did you like the community? Were there specific amenities that you enjoyed? How was the traffic and travel times when you visited the WDW parks? Do you recommend over other developments? Thanks!

Please share your experiences. Did you like the community? Were there specific amenities that you enjoyed? How was the traffic and travel times when you visited the WDW parks? Do you recommend over other developments? Thanks!

I have a difficult response in that I wouldn't say our vacation was "ruined" by anything that happened here - we had a great vacation overall - but, that said, I probably wouldn't stay here again.

We stayed in a townhome and a couple of our issues relate specifically to those. The pool homes may not have some of the same issues.

After previous stays in quieter resorts, I found this community tended to attract a younger demographic that leaned towards more drinking and later nights. Towards the end of the evening, the pool was overrun with 20-somethings partying it up and our next-door "neighbors" kept us awake late several nights drinking and talking very loudly on their patio.

I also did not like the "set-up" of the townhouse side of the community - with the driveways out back. This was annoying when loading and unloading luggage and groceries and that one person always had to go out the front to lock up.

We did really enjoy the pool, especially the lazy river and the home itself was beautifully decorated.

As for the location, that is another reason we probably wouldn't stay here again - while we did not go to any WDW parks while we were there, we did visit property a couple of times (Disney Springs, Polynesian Resort) and we did head towards International Drive and downtown Orlando a few times. My husband NEVER got used to the location and HATED the driving. We have stayed more on the east side of Kissimmee in the past and would probably look to go back to that area again. We are interested in trying out Storey Lake resort next time we are looking for a pool home or townhome.

I can't really specifically recommend any developments other than Lake Berkley as that is the only one we have actually stayed in. But, I do have friends that speak highly of Terra Verde, Encantada and Windsor Hills.

I have a difficult response in that I wouldn't say our vacation was "ruined" by anything that happened here - we had a great vacation overall - but, that said, I probably wouldn't stay here again.

We stayed in a townhome and a couple of our issues relate specifically to those. The pool homes may not have some of the same issues.

After previous stays in quieter resorts, I found this community tended to attract a younger demographic that leaned towards more drinking and later nights. Towards the end of the evening, the pool was overrun with 20-somethings partying it up and our next-door "neighbors" kept us awake late several nights drinking and talking very loudly on their patio.

I also did not like the "set-up" of the townhouse side of the community - with the driveways out back. This was annoying when loading and unloading luggage and groceries and that one person always had to go out the front to lock up.

We did really enjoy the pool, especially the lazy river and the home itself was beautifully decorated.

As for the location, that is another reason we probably wouldn't stay here again - while we did not go to any WDW parks while we were there, we did visit property a couple of times (Disney Springs, Polynesian Resort) and we did head towards International Drive and downtown Orlando a few times. My husband NEVER got used to the location and HATED the driving. We have stayed more on the east side of Kissimmee in the past and would probably look to go back to that area again. We are interested in trying out Storey Lake resort next time we are looking for a pool home or townhome.

I can't really specifically recommend any developments other than Lake Berkley as that is the only one we have actually stayed in. But, I do have friends that speak highly of Terra Verde, Encantada and Windsor Hills.
Thank you for your detailed response— your feedback is very helpful!

I'm glad I saw this. We haven't booked anything for our August trip and I was considering Windsor at Westside but decided against it since it looked a little too far. We're leaning towards trying Storey Lake since we've stayed at Windsor Hills and would like to see how a newer community feels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter