Has anyone sailed RCI Majesty after A DCL cruise?

disneytim

Always Going to Disney!
Has anyone sailed RCI Majesty after A DCL cruise?

I know there is a comparison thread to Voyager, a newer RCI ship, but how does the Majesty measure up. Any comments?
What's been your experience?

Thanks, Tim

disneytim
We sailed on a 7-day DCL in August 2000, and on the Majesty in April 2001. Here is my quick comparison:

1) Cabins -- no comparison. Majesty's are very small (outside about 120 sq.ft., DCL 214 sq.ft). We had four and the Majesty cabin was almost unmanageable

2) Kids program -- Our youngest enjoyed both. Slight nod to DCL due to the availablilty later at night

3) Food -- Better on RCL.

4)Ship itself -- Big nod to the Magic. Much better maintained (although it is also newer).

5)Shows -- Slight nod to Disney. Disney shows are more "story" oriented while RCCL's are "Vagas" oriented.

mac_tlc

Thanks for your response.

I know it won't be magical, but we're looking forward to a fun week. At least the food will be good.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter