has anyone purchased a dVC Resale through DVC Magic Sales

i made an offer through this broker, a week passes, no word. i write back, she says she'll contact the seller, another week passes, no word. i'm done.

Wow, this is interesting. My sister made an offer through this website and she got what seemed to be an auto response email saying they would contact the seller and let her know. She never heard back. She tried repeatedly to reach them with no success. What a terrible way to run a business.

We just closed on a contract through DVC Magic. Perhaps I was spoiled by the resale company we had been working with previously as the one agent we dealt with was always very prompt to return calls and emails. My experience with DVC Magic was very similar to others who indicated that they had issues getting in touch with Rachel via phone, email, chat or text. She was very slow to respond or did not respond at all, did not get back to us in the time frame she stated she would, did not notify us that we passed ROFR even though she specifically stated that she notifies all of her clients the minute she hears from Disney. In her defense I will say that the one time I was able to speak with her on the phone she was very pleasant and professional. My feeling is that she does not have the manpower to manage her business efficiently.

Similar experience. First time buyer. Submitted a full list price bid online on a Saturday and received an automated response. Didn't hear from her until I sent a follow-up on Tuesday. She said she would get back to me, but never did. She just lost a serious buyer for her lack of follow-up. Not the most efficient way to run a business!

Hmmmmm, sorry for reviving a zombie thread but I am in the same boat.

I put a full priced offer in on a contract last month. She got back to me to let me know the contact was in probate but she knew the lawyer handling it and there should only be a 30 day or so delay. Since I do not need the points until Dec 2018 I let her know that would be OK.

Fast forward 5 weeks and no update, no sales contract. I have emailed and called several times with no response.

Honestly the delay is not the issue, it is the lack of communication or even the common courtesy to respond to emails and calls.

I have have had nothing but problems and no communication dealing with Rachel. It was almost 50 days from when I submitted my deposit to where she told me there was an issue with the contract and it was up to me if I wanted a refund or move on. In those 50 days trying to contact her was impossible. I selected to get my refund. 10 days pass by and still no check. Then 20 days and then it got to 30 and I received a call from DC Magic Resale telling me that Rachel is no longer there and that the company was in the process of switching licenses ando that's why it took so long to contact me because it wasn't official until last week. I got my money back within 2 days of talking to them. They told me Rachel just up and left with no notice to anyone. The new person at DVC Magic Resale was very apologetic and wanted me to understand moving forward the lack of communication that Rachel had will not be present anymore.

Similar experience. First time buyer. Submitted a full list price bid online on a Saturday and received an automated response. Didn't hear from her until I sent a follow-up on Tuesday. She said she would get back to me, but never did. She just lost a serious buyer for her lack of follow-up. Not the most efficient way to run a business!

Same deal here. I submitted an offer. Didn’t hear anything for a few days. Sent two follow up emails still didn’t hear anything and ended up putting an offer in on another listing with a different company. They have been posting listings to twitter so someone is working there.

Sounds like a resale company I might not want to even try to deal with. This is bad pr for them. Are there any other agents there who seemed to do their job?

Well it's Aug 2 and still no email/call back for me. You would think someone would respond.

Well it's Aug 2 and still no email/call back for me. You would think someone would respond.
The listing I put an offer in on is still listed on their site. They have aded new listings so there are obviously people working there. Have you tried calling?

Yes like 5 times.
Id probably move on thats what I did. They do have two really attractive listings that would make me consider backing out of the one I just sent the paper work into, but since they still haven't called back regarding the other Im not going to waste my time.

Last edited:
Anyone oddly notice that most of the people working with this Rachel are fairly new members to the board with under 100 posts? :rolleyes1

It could be nothing, but a lot of the positives on this thread are from accounts as such... If it's all well and good, then so be it, but it seems the "seasoned" posters/buyers have issues but the "newer" ones don't... just a bit odd to me.

Didn't notice that but probably a good point
I noticed Rachel's picture is no longer on their website. I'm glad I'm not in the middle of buying or selling a contract with this company. Stressful enough buying resale without incompetence like this.

I noticed Rachel's picture is no longer on their website. I'm glad I'm not in the middle of buying or selling a contract with this company. Stressful enough buying resale without incompetence like this.

You would think, out of respect for the customers, that she (whoever Rachel is) would have the decency to contact her clientele and let them know what's going on? I mean, these aren't little purchases, and depending on the contract, very hard to come by. If this is her 3rd resale company in X amount of years, that's not good. What's going on that she's jumping around so much? The aforementioned issues perhaps?

So after learning she's not with the company referenced anymore, to the OP... Get ahold of someone at the business and let them know your situation ASAP. I'm sure they'll want to rectify the situation with you and everyone else she seems to be dragging along.

I submitted an inquiry last night for two OKW properties they have listed and they actually got back to me this morning regarding them.

Rachel is not with them and hasn't been for a few weeks anyway and I think is with someone else. Saw a post somewhere from the supposed owner who said they are excited about changes coming or something similar. Seems like the change is no comminication?

I submitted an inquiry last night for two OKW properties they have listed and they actually got back to me this morning regarding them.

Did you talk to a person? Just wondering if there is a name or names to associate with this business?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!