has anyone purchased a dVC Resale through DVC Magic Sales

I'm at the last steps of my deal and am also waiting for a response from an email I sent to Rachel. It's nothing urgent though, so it's ok.

We are working with Rachel right now. Our contract has been sent to Disney for ROFR. So far Rachel has been wonderful with great communication. I can't complain . This is our first resale purchase and it has been smooth so far.

We are also currently working with her. She called sellers with our offer and responded within a day. Now we are just waiting. She had responded immediately every time I contact her.

We submitted an offer through Rachel. Emailed her at 9am, she responded with it being accepted by 10:15am. Had docs the next morning and was sent for rofr three days later. We are currently two weeks in on the wait. Thus far, all has been great with her. Only odd thing is that this particular contract is still listed with no sale pending designation. I'm not concerned but that does show that the website isn't completely up to date.

currently using Rachel now. We put the offer in Wednesday, agreed to terms within hours, and it is now signed and sent to Disney ROFR (2 days later). All positive so far.

She offers 5% commission. Some of the other brokers are higher- 8.5%. I would think seller would be willing to go a little lower on an an offer with a 5% commission agent.

Purchased 2 contracts through them and never had a problem. Had very fast email responses to an offer and any questions we had. Can't compare to other companies, but we were very happy with both transactions and would not be concerned about using them again if the opportunity came up.

We submitted an offer through Rachel. Emailed her at 9am, she responded with it being accepted by 10:15am. Had docs the next morning and was sent for rofr three days later. We are currently two weeks in on the wait. Thus far, all has been great with her. Only odd thing is that this particular contract is still listed with no sale pending designation. I'm not concerned but that does show that the website isn't completely up to date.
I had called her on a listing that was showing available on the website. She was quick to respond, but mentioned it had "just been sold" and apologized. I found it odd and a little bit of a bait and switch. Nothing bad to report other than I thought this to show lack of attention to detail, so I marked her off my list and moved on.

I had called her on a listing that was showing available on the website. She was quick to respond, but mentioned it had "just been sold" and apologized. I found it odd and a little bit of a bait and switch. Nothing bad to report other than I thought this to show lack of attention to detail, so I marked her off my list and moved on.[/QUOT

nothing but positive. she had my counter offer reviewed withing 10 min and a deal finalized within 20. We are now past ROFR. I have seen many sites that don't update inventory immediately, and many well priced listings are having multiple offers reviewed, but sites don't tell you that (nor should they). No seller wants the listing marked as sold until things are official and contracts are signed.

and on top of that, her commission is less, which leads to better prices on the contracts

I had called her on a listing that was showing available on the website. She was quick to respond, but mentioned it had "just been sold" and apologized. I found it odd and a little bit of a bait and switch. Nothing bad to report other than I thought this to show lack of attention to detail, so I marked her off my list and moved on.
I crossed them off of my list after submitting a bid through the website and never hearing from them other than the automated "thank you for your interest, we'll be in touch" email. I don't know whether it was because my offer was just way too low for consideration or if it just got lost in the shuffle. The contract is still listed on the website but I have since moved on and have already closed on a similar contract thru another agency. I just didn't want to bother with a business that lacks the courtesy of replying.

I crossed them off of my list after submitting a bid through the website and never hearing from them other than the automated "thank you for your interest, we'll be in touch" email. I don't know whether it was because my offer was just way too low for consideration or if it just got lost in the shuffle. The contract is still listed on the website but I have since moved on and have already closed on a similar contract thru another agency. I just didn't want to bother with a business that lacks the courtesy of replying.
I find an automated response to a bid is really unacceptable! Even if your offer was way too low, everyone deserves the courtesy of a response! On top of that, if it were me, I'd reach out personally to apologize and hopefully keep a future customer. When my patronage isn't valued (and believe me, I'm not a 500 point buyer by any means) I move on... I know my deals aren't the big money makers, but they're a big commitment to me and should be to whomever works with me. Just my .02

I find an automated response to a bid is really unacceptable! Even if your offer was way too low, everyone deserves the courtesy of a response! On top of that, if it were me, I'd reach out personally to apologize and hopefully keep a future customer. When my patronage isn't valued (and believe me, I'm not a 500 point buyer by any means) I move on... I know my deals aren't the big money makers, but they're a big commitment to me and should be to whomever works with me. Just my .02
I don't mind the automated response that just acknowledges that an electronic communication has been received. It was the lack of follow through that irked me. It was no great loss for me. I actually found a better contract, so I'm happy. It just soured me on using that agency in the future.

I had a similar experience with another resale company (Fidelity, which I know a lot of people like). I made an offer online, then I even called right away. It was a contract I knew would probably go fast. I spoke with a woman that said it was another broker's listing so she transferred me to VM. I left a voicemail at like 1pm, and then...didn't hear anything until a generic email like 36 hours later thanking me for my interest but that a sale was pending on that listing. Annoyed me, so I crossed them off my list.

We made an offer on a contract listed by Rachel and she couldn't get an answer from the seller. She was very responsive and apologetic and then she found us a loaded contract cheaper so it was bait and switch in reverse I guess. We just passed ROFR and Rachael sent an email spelling out the title companies next steps. She has been great!
Our first contract was with Jason at the Time Share Store and he was amazing too. So far we have great experiences with both companies.

That has happened to me with literally every seller out there. Some hot listings sell quickly.

I've been very frustrated with this resale company. I got the automated response and a bit later a positive response from Rachel about my full asking price offer. She said she'd start creating the contract right away, and then... crickets. I've heard nothing from her for 10 days, and she did not reply to a polite follow-up email I sent about 5 days ago.

I wonder if she's great about following through if/when a deal is going to go through, but she just can't be bothered to reply otherwise. Or maybe she's suddenly unavailable for personal issues and I'll hear from her eventually. But I have little hope of hearing back on this contract now, so moving on....

I've been very frustrated with this resale company. I got the automated response and a bit later a positive response from Rachel about my full asking price offer. She said she'd start creating the contract right away, and then... crickets. I've heard nothing from her for 10 days, and she did not reply to a polite follow-up email I sent about 5 days ago.

I wonder if she's great about following through if/when a deal is going to go through, but she just can't be bothered to reply otherwise. Or maybe she's suddenly unavailable for personal issues and I'll hear from her eventually. But I have little hope of hearing back on this contract now, so moving on....
She (or someone representing her) posts frequently on another DVC board and they've been posting as recently as this morning. If Rachel isn't available to answer emails, someone from the company should be. That's the reason I wrote them off after hearing nothing from them. It was obvious that business was being conducted as usual but they weren't interested in responding to my offer. Their loss because I ended up purchasing two VGF contracts this spring and at least one of them could have been through their agency.

She (or someone representing her) posts frequently on another DVC board and they've been posting as recently as this morning. If Rachel isn't available to answer emails, someone from the company should be. That's the reason I wrote them off after hearing nothing from them. It was obvious that business was being conducted as usual but they weren't interested in responding to my offer. Their loss because I ended up purchasing two VGF contracts this spring and at least one of them could have been through their agency.

Assuming this is the site I think it is, she has a sponsorship agreement there and posting listing would be part of her business model. I worked with Rachel recently on a contract and while I can concur that is is hard to reach her a lot of the time, when you do reach her she is very pleasant to deal with and more helpful in terms of information given than other brokers I've talked to. My suspicion is that this is a one woman shop at this time because Rachel is the only person that you will have contact with, whether by phone email or chat, and it is difficult to get in touch with her a good amount of the time. I have found that if you're trying to get in touch with her and need a response, the best way is to start a chat session during business hours and ask there or use that as a means to initiate a phone call for more information. I would say that working with her is not for everyone, since you can reach other brokers quicker when they have a team of 6 to infinity people to shuffle you around until the right person gets back, but I wouldn't expect that she is intentionally blowing you off. There was a problem with the sale we were working on that I'm confident was not her fault, but I ended up using a different broker for my next contract as they had something that seemed like a good fit. I would have no qualms about calling Rachel in the future if I was looking for a another contract, but I would expect the listing to agent ratio to be pretty high and know that I need to put out more effort to reach her than a company that has customer service people to answer phones and direct traffic. To some that may be a deal breaker, and to others it's not a big deal

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!