Has anyone heard any rumors about Extra Extra Magic Hours for HS in Dec

Unless attendance increases big time I think it's safe to say Extra Extra Magic Hours will end as scheduled.

If anything, I see them “maybe” doing EMH everyday for DHS only. Meaning only an hour early instead of 3 hours early.

This is what I think might happen. With Rise of the Resistance opening and it being the first one to open (before Disneyland's) I think we may see a big spike in attendance from people waiting for one entire land to be completed, plus you are getting into the holiday season, plus there are no FPs for it so without any sort of EMH there is no advantage to staying on site which I do think they still want to promote there being a benefit to paying the higher price to stay on property

Does seem like 3 hours is way more than is needed, but I think they will want to have *something* after RotR opens through the holidays

I def think its going to happen til at least New Years or a paid night time event.

plus there are no FPs for it so without any sort of EMH there is no advantage to staying on site which I do think they still want to promote there being a benefit to paying the higher price to stay on property
If I were Disney . . . . I would give each person staying on property with tickets or staying with an AP a one-time FP for Rise that they could use at anytime during their stay rather than open the entire park early. Yes, I know it will make the stand-by line longer--but that seems to be something to strive for with a new ride these days. It would definitely be a "perk" for onsite stays and wouldn't really increase costs (other than printing off a FP or figuring how to put it on someone's account). [ETA: when MF:SR opened in Disneyland I was one of the souls who booked a hotel room to make sure we had access to GE--at the end of the day wasn't necessary but was willing to pay the $$ to make sure]

This is what I think might happen. With Rise of the Resistance opening and it being the first one to open (before Disneyland's) I think we may see a big spike in attendance from people waiting for one entire land to be completed, plus you are getting into the holiday season, plus there are no FPs for it so without any sort of EMH there is no advantage to staying on site which I do think they still want to promote there being a benefit to paying the higher price to stay on property

Does seem like 3 hours is way more than is needed, but I think they will want to have *something* after RotR opens through the holidays
I think the spike at Rise of the Resistance will be a real thing. We gad already planned a December 6-December 14 trip before the announcement of the RotR opening date. We were able to secure reservations for Savi's, Oga's, and the Droid Depot (we are Star Wars fans). We gad a party of 8 and made one too many reservations for both the lightsabers and the driod builders and called Disney to reduce the number of guests. We were told that we would need have to cancel our original reservations and make new ones. This didn't sound right, but we checked the reservation availability for each, The only set of days that reservations are not available for droid depot are the first two weeks of December. Savi's is completely booked in December. Reservations for each are widely available each day until then. To me that equates to a large number of visitors to SWGE in early December. I just hope that since we are staying on property we could get a little bit of time at SWGE as a resort benefit.

By the way, we called back and they took guests off and we were able to keep our original reservation. I hope some one was able to use the reservation that we dropped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!