Has anyone flown on America West?

Esmerelda

DVC'r 10/04/Dis Veteran
I, being the true flyer that I am, have been closely watching airfare for over 2 months now. I am amazed at how outrageous its gotten. I am not sure how they can justify hiking the prices as they are doing. (surely it can't be to pay for all that wonderful non existent security?)

Anyhow, if I DO end up flying, I am trying to get non stop flights. The only two I have found thats a possibility on are SWA and America West. I have flown SW and while its ok, its boarding process leaves a little to be desired. I travel alone with 2 smaller children and they make no exceptions unless you are toting an infant along. Its somewhat of a pain to deal with.

However, I know nothing about America West air.

Any thoughts or comments anyone? thanks!

E:p

I have flown America West many times and have never had any problems. I haven't flown with them in about 9 months, but in my past experiences, our flights have always been on time and I have no complaints with the service. Good luck whatever you decide.

My DH (then boyfriend) were long distance for about a year and we practically lived on America West. I only experienced a delay once, and that wasn't for very long. I highly reccommend them for a low-priced alternative. They don't do cattle-call seating the way Southwest does, which to me having assigned seating is a plus. I don't like the way people scramble for the good seats on SWA.

WHile I dislike the cattle call seating on Southwest, each of the 2 times I flew America West to Las Vegas I had LONG (over 4 hours each) delays. These were aircraft/mechanical delays, NOT weather related. Never Again will I fly America Worst.

I'd rather walk than fly America West. SWA any day!!!!!

I just flew America West this weekend from NJ to AZ and back. Both flights were on time and while they said that meals were back, our dinners consisted of a sandwich, pretzels, cookies and water. The only problem was security. I was "randomly" selected to be wanded and frisked at the entrance to the gate area and both myself and DH were "randomly" selected again as we were boarding. This time they also went through our luggage in addition to wanding and frisking us. A scary ordeal but understandably necessary these days.

I really like America West Airlines and would prefer to fly with them over Southwest. I never had a problem with AWA and they were very friendly.

Even when we have flown first class - delays, dirty planes, cancellations, lost and damaged luggage, rude attendants, etc. While I really dislike SWA cattle call (salt lick anyone?), I would still fly with them before AW.

I will never fly America Worst again. You should go to epinions.com and search for A.W. It appears that many people have had horrible experiences as we did, and would never use them again.

My stepson flies from Arizona to our house every summer on America West. And he is a minor. NEVER had any problems!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter