Has anyone ever used a backpack cooler on their trip?

Cindy B

<font color=blue>Have taken some furniture polish
We were at the sporting goods store yesterday, and we saw the coolest thing in preparation for our trip.

It was a backpack cooler. There was an area which held on the bottom 6 cans/or maybe quite a few water bottles.This was the bottom/front of the backpack.

The other part was a regular backpack. We have traditionally used just a regular backpack, but was wondering the pros and cons of this setup.

Pros: Other stuff won't get wet from the condensation of water bottles

No need for a fanny pack or water bottle straps (which I can't find anyway!)

Cons: Possible weight problem, could the backpack get heavy?

We normally use a regular backpack from my DH's college days, and it has worked fine. But now the kids are older, and we are going in a hotter month.

Any other opinions on this? I can't decide. The backpack cooler is $24.99, so not too terribly expensive

Cindy, I haven't seen one of those. 6 cans can get awful heavy after awhile. I have a fanny pack that has 2 places on the sides for water bottles or 2 cans. I love it.:) We went to Six Flags on Sunday, and I carried it with me. I kinda felt like a cowgirl when I wear it though. I find myself holding the bottles like cowboys do their 6 shooters.:p

When we last visited WDW, January 2002, Yes I had a backpack with slots on the sides that you could carry water, soda, whatever. After having to go through security each time we went to the parks I ended up just putting my room key/WDW pass and a little bit of money in my pocket and we each just carried a bottle of water.

This is why I take a stroller even for a 5 yearold. It carries the soft cooler with the water bottles and extra camera junk.

We went without the kids and I kept looking for the stroller and wishing I had one to carry junk. LOL

We bought one of these backpacks last month--only at Big Lots for $7.99 !
Unfortunately, we found it right after we returned home from WDW, so didn't get to try it there.

We did use it on a trip to another park a few days ago and it was great! We had 4 or 5 bottles of water in the bottom and they stayed pretty cold. I imagine if we had used one of those blue ice thingies, they would have stayed colder, but, they were cold enough.

We put our camera, money, etc, in the top section.

DH wore the backpack and said it didn't seem too heavy to him.
Next time, he wants to put snacks in, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter