• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone ever split their stay between regular room & concierge?

Lisa3

DIS Veteran
We returned from our early Dec. trip and are already well into planning our next trip in Nov. (we bought APs to get two trips out of them). We hope to be staying 8-9 nights at the Polynesian if a good AP rate comes out. I would love to stay concierge since this will be our 20th anniversary trip but we simply cannot afford the entire trip (I hope we can even do the Polynesian again). Has anyone ever stayed in a regular room and then moved to concierge for a couple of nights? We would stay at the same resort - is this more trouble than its worth?

Our other option would be to stay at POR for the first part of the trip and then move over to the Polynesian. How difficult is it to change resorts? We are a family of 5 (three kids who will be 10, 8, & 7).

Just bumping this up - I know all of you resort experts must have an opinion. Maybe just bad posting time on my part (New Year's Day). Thanks for your help.

I was at WDW early December too. We actually stayed at the BW then moved to concierge WL half way through our trip.
Bell Services will transfer your baggage if you have it ready mid morning and don't mind getting it around 3-4pm at the new resort later the same day. They suggest packing a day bag if you might need anything.

I say go for it. We loved it.

Just curious, what's 'AP rate'? (Annual Pass?) I'm new to these boards and still getting used to all of the acronyms

During our last trip in Oct. we stayed 4 nights Poly conceirge and 4 nights POFQ. It was just DH, myself and 4yo DS. If you're going to split between conceirge and regular do the regular first. We did it the opposite only because we were switching to be closer to my cousin and her family who could not get a room at the Poly. It was kind of disappointing going from Poly conceirge to POFQ(which by the way was fine, but a definite downgrade) I thought packing and unpacking was kind of a pain but Poly conceirge was very nice!

If the budget is an issue, I would think that POR for a couple days then switch to Polynesian concierge. You will be saving money on one end of your stay to use toward concierge. When we switched resorts, we checked in early at the new resort and the room wasn't ready so we went to the park for the day and when we came back midafternoon we were able to check into our room.

We are staying at AKL the begining of Feb. The first two nights is standard and the last three are concierge. The concierge staff has told me they will ask to see if we can be put in a concierge room the first two nights so we don't have to move. Of course we would not have access to the lounge, but we would have a savanna view the whole trip. I hope the concierge staffs magic works for me and we don't have to move rooms.

Renee

Disney makes it very easy to move between resorts or between rooms. I say go for it !!!

Rneighh....I hope the concierge staff can work magic for you as well.

I'm just curious how they would limit your access to the lounge. There really is no one checking to see if you're a concierge guest in the lounge, because the limited access to the concierge floor (via your kiey card in the elevator) already does that.

I wonder if they were thinking of upgrading you for the first two days??

Last summer, we did concierge for the first time at Beach Club, and then moved to a regular room at the AKL. We were spoiled by the concierge, and really missed it when we moved! But the switch was very easy the concierge moved everything for us and the room was ready when we arrived at AKL. I really was skeptical whether the concierge was worth the extra $$, but it definitely is and I look forward to trying it again in April.

No comments to add on the concierge question (that someone else hasn't said already) but wanted to comment on Figmentvi's signature... (Paging Mr. Morrow....) I love it! Did you ever notice that they only page Mr. Morrow (on Tomorrowland's TTA ride) when Carousel of Progress is open? When it's closed, you go by without a word. Rumor is they are planning to close Carousel permanently -- does that mean Mr. Morrow would never ride again?

When I went to WDW in Dec. 2001, I split my stay between a savannah view regular room at the AKL and lagoon view concierge at the Poly. It worked out really well! I would just advise staying at the concierge resort last, so it's not a let down. We enjoyed getting to experience concierge, even for just part of the trip. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter