• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone ever given birth while at WDW?

POOH&PIGLET

I love my DW, DDs, & DVC!
DW is expecting and due in less than 3 weeks. Just thinking . . .

Due to the large number of people that visit WDW, I'm sure that some expectant mothers have gone into labor while on a trip to WDW. Does anyone have any first (or second) hand info?

Yikes!

The thought of giving birth other than in a hospital bed totally scares me!

I'm sure there must've been a few births on WDW property in Disney's history!

I recall a newborn girl being found abandoned at WDW--I think in a restroom in Tomorrowland. So it has happened--how many times, I don't know.

Barbara
154 days to go till I go 'home' to FW

I don't know of anyone giving birth onsite, but I was close. I went to MGM Studios on a Saturday, the week before I had a scheduled c-section. I have to admit that since I had so much back pain, walking was next to impossible. So, DH rented a wheelchair, and he pushed me throughout the park, since it was his idea to go in the first place.

Amy

I was on vacation atWDW when ihad my son, now11. I didn't have him on property had him at a hospital that doesn't normally deliver babies. Sand Lake hospital. Thay transfered us to Arnold Palmer after the birth.
I guess he didn't want to miss WDW either!!

Why would anyone go on ANY vacation when they are that close to the due date? I LOVE WDW, but at the end of ALL my pregnancies, I tried to stay within an hour or so of the hospital that I would be delivering at. The only way I could see that happening is if it was a premature delivery!!!

My DH's work picnic was at King's Island (Ohio) and I was 37 weeks pregnant at the time. I managed quite well walking around the park although we did have to sit and rest alot. This was a Saturday and I went into labor the next day around 11pm. I delivered my DS bright and early Monday morning. He was three weeks early. I guess King's Island was just to much excitement for him and he wanted to get out of my belly to see what was going on!

Not me, thank goodness!!! campingcorgi, does the corgi in your name mean a corgi dog?? We are getting a corgi in the spring.

We had reservations at Dixie Landings (It still existed then) scheduled for June of 97 - due to leave on the 8th. I found out in October I was pregnant and due on June 3rd. Needless to say we rescheduled for the next year. When I called to change the reservation the CM asked if I was sure I wanted to do that, and if there was a problem. I said yeah - "I'm pregnant and that is when the baby is due!" She said, "Oh, are you sure you don't want to have the baby at WDW?!"

DS#2 was born on June 6th :) And he celebrated his first birthday with dinner at Chef Mickey's a year later :)

Pajamommy: Yes, the corgi is a PWC corgi--a red-headed tri male. His name is Gunnar and he will celebrate his 8th birthday in May with his sixth trip to Disneyworld. He loves it there.

You will love a corgi--is this your first? PM me if you have any questions.

Barbara
126 days till I go 'home' to FW

We travelled to WDW in 11/99; I was 22 weeks along. We were there for a week; on the last morning there I thought I was having contractions. I took a taxi to Celebration Hospital and they gave me 2 injections and a prescription. Our flight wasn't until 10pm at night; and we couldn't keep our room at the Dolphin as they were sold out. They let me stay in a parlor suite at the Swan for the rest of the day and DH and DS7 went to BB for the rest of the day.

It was a nightmare. If I'm ever pregnant again I'm not leaving the county I live in. IF YOU ARE PREGNANT DON'T GO TO WDW!!! It's too much to risk. Just MHO.

:bounce:

I am a labor and delivery nurse and I have cared for a number of tourists who ended up stuck in our town because of travel during pregnancy....and then premature labor and birth. I frankly wouldn't travel while pregnant beyond 20 weeks or so. But, I know a lot of docs say it is fine if you have no special risk factors. It is just hard to watch people get stuck far away from their support systems.

I would bet the Celebration Hospital nurses have some great stories.

Hey Sue I am an L&D RN too! An FYI to all you pregnant ones... even thought your Doc says its ok got to WDW check with your INSURANCE first!!! We have had several preterm deliveries of out-ot-towners and they had huge insurance issues that they weren't even aware of. One couple I know ended up being responsible for 100,000 dollars for there newborns NICU bill. I agree with Susan not worth the risk, IMHO.

Go to WDW with only 3 weeks to go? No way would I do that. Of course, I had a c-section at 37 weeks myself. I know better! :tongue:

Since I had my dd at 34 weeks, there is no way I would contemplate WDW at 37 weeks- it's just not sensible. I did travel to the US from the UK when I was 12 weeks and that was fine, but in the third trimester- I would stay home.

Bev

I had the misfortune to deliver my first child while out of town. We evacuated from south Louisiana due to Hurricane Andrew. Not worth risking going to Disney World so close to your due date.

For my second child, I refused to leave town during my pregnancy. Due to my prior experience, I planned well...baby #2 was not due anytime during the Hurricane season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter