Has anyone ever been checked into an occupied room at PBH?

nisiemouse

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
This happened to us twice. We arrived early am not expecting the room to be ready but wanted to get our keys for FOTL. They told us our room was ready but as the bellman took us to our room there were people sleeping in there. He made the remark that this occasionally happened and was very apologetic. Back to the front desk we went and given a new room number but told we needed to come get new keys when we returned from the park. We went back to the desk about 4:30 pm and I explained nicely what had happened and that I needed to pick up my new keys. They gave me the original room and I nicely told her that I did not think this was correct. I was told "You're fine." We went to the room, knocked, our keys opened the door and it was clearly occupied bags all over the floor. We went back to the desk and politely asked to see the manager. We just wanted things straightened out quickly so we could get two tired kids in their room and did not want to make the walk back to the desk again. We were placed in the new room # we were expecting.
Even though we had a rough start to our stay at PBH we would go back. We loved the beds, the pool, etc. It is a beautiful hotel.
I would not do the Universal parks without FOTL. It is truly worth staying at an onsite hotel.
Just wondering if anyone else has had this experience.

I'm sorry to hear what happened at PBH with your room, but am glad you had it straightened out. I was ever-so-pleased to note that you had fun, as I am taking my granddaughter on the 11th, and can't wait - we will be staying at PHB also, and I was worried that maybe I should have made reservations at the HRH. When I read your post, I was happy, because I knew you brought kids with you too and you all apparently had fun during your stay at the Portofino. I would simply love to hear more about the trip, and the hotel, and any tips you may think of (any little things) - it would be greatly appreciated!! Did you enjoy your room? I realize it is a lot of money to spend, but I think, too, that not having to wait in the long lines will be well worth it - never been to Universal, and want to cram a lot into 4 days!!

Thanks again for your post -

Sheri

Wow,nisiemouse!

It just wasn't your day was it?? Not just once but twice!

I have heard all kinds of hotel nightmare stories and have heard of this happening at other hotels but not PBH, especially not twice. Good thing the rest of your stay was fine!

Sheri, don't worry about bringing children to the PBH. I went last month with my too- cool 10yo son and he liked it BETTER than the Hard Rock! His only complaint was that we didn't stay longer!

He keeps bugging me about staying there for Christmas and I told him if HE PAYS FOR IT! LOL!:p

Robinrs: Yes we were beginning to feel jinxed but luckily our trip improved quickly.:D

Sheri: This was our first trip also. I would request a West Wing room (very convenient to the boat and the pool).
Your granddaughter will love the pool. It has a great slide.
We really liked Mama Della's for dinner at PBH.
One reason we picked PBH was that the rooms were bigger there. They are very nice. The beds are very comfy with lots of pillows!:D
Kelly Monaghan's (sp?) Universal book was also a big help to us.
If I think of anything else I will post later. Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter