Has anyone else noticed the same "Disney Defenders" complaining when people report problems with their resort stays?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve only paid rack rate twice—once during Christmas season and once at GF RPC, and actually someone else paid for that room. We usually travel at the end of August and take advantage of discounts. But, I don’t think Disney needs to have social media plants because there are so many people who treat WDW like it can do no wrong. I do think it’s possible to stay 6 or 7 times a year just because I have relatives who are AP holders and they will rush to Disney for the opening of an envelope.

Not being obnoxiuos just curiuos .When you say your not paying rack rate does that mean you only book when they do the 10-15-25 % savings thing or is there another way. We have used those discounts before but most times they do not align them with the time we want to go so we book a package, maybe free dining (not sure it's really free) and away we go. Are there other ways to not pay rack rate. On another note I don't understand the defenders either. I made the statement that since I have been going to Disney with the Family, started in 1999 and have gone about 8 times I think, they have been charging more which is understandable becuase the price of everything Disney uses to give us the experience goes up but I found the quality was going down and down as very very many agree. These defenders will trash me and say they will continue going to Disney no matter what Disney does to the experience. I would respond with something like, so when you used to go to the hospital with a nasty cut they would stitch you up give you some antibiotics and charge you X number of dollars and home you went. But now they just give you a band aid and send you home with a bill for 2X what you used to and that's OK with you. They respond with well I can see were this is going so I'm done. They have no argument for commen sense so they just give up. P.S. For the moderators I am not attacking anyone!!!!!!!

As with any internet forum your really have not idea who is bragging/exaggerating about something vs. telling the truth. Honestly, I use this forum to get insight about things to do with Disney. I really don't get involved in what others claim did/didn't happen to them. The 'ignore' feature also works great if you find someone annoying.

Not being obnoxiuos just curiuos .When you say your not paying rack rate does that mean you only book when they do the 10-15-25 % savings thing or is there another way. We have used those discounts before but most times they do not align them with the time we want to go so we book a package, maybe free dining (not sure it's really free) and away we go. Are there other ways to not pay rack rate. On another note I don't understand the defenders either. I made the statement that since I have been going to Disney with the Family, started in 1999 and have gone about 8 times I think, they have been charging more which is understandable becuase the price of everything Disney uses to give us the experience goes up but I found the quality was going down and down as very very many agree. These defenders will trash me and say they will continue going to Disney no matter what Disney does to the experience. I would respond with something like, so when you used to go to the hospital with a nasty cut they would stitch you up give you some antibiotics and charge you X number of dollars and home you went. But now they just give you a band aid and send you home with a bill for 2X what you used to and that's OK with you. They respond with well I can see were this is going so I'm done. They have no argument for commen sense so they just give up. P.S. For the moderators I am not attacking anyone!!!!!!!

I cannot speak for anyoen but myself, but I never pay rack rate. I book a bounce Back on every trip. I have a good idea when I can travel, and book a resort that falls within those dates. When a discount drops, it is is better than the one I already have in place, and if it coincides with dates that I am free to travel, I make the change. I also am among those who do not think that anything is free, so if I book FD, I consider that it is a resort off on sale, much like Kolhs friends and family sale. Call it what you want, but please be assured I have run the numbers for both room only and FD, and have chosen the offer that is best for my family on that particular trip. . I know my budget and I stick to it.

I also think that value is personal, so when you state that Disney has gone downhill, you are correct that in your experience the value for dollar may not be the same as in previous trips. Your perception may not be my reality. I do not quibble or question your opinion, and resent that someone would question mine.

WDW has always been expensive. There have been various levels of value for my family, in the many years we have been visiting, but compared to our frst family visit in 1987, today's experiences and value is much higher for us.

Now your bandaid analogy is an apples and oranges one for me, and I would also respond with "This discussion is over" because at that point I feel that we have left the "vacation value" behind and I just do not have time or energy to pursue a conversation that makes no sense to me.

As with any internet forum your really have not idea who is bragging/exaggerating about something vs. telling the truth. Honestly, I use this forum to get insight about things to do with Disney. I really don't get involved in what others claim did/didn't happen to them. The 'ignore' feature also works great if you find someone annoying.

I generally take at face value what someone says they have experienced. There are so many people in and out of WDW that if a person says they have had a wonderful amount of pixie dust tossed on them, I figure they have. Do someone says that they have experienced the vacation that rivals the Griswalds European adventure, I accept that too.

I think there are people who legitimately never had any bad experience in Disney but I wish they would understand that other people may have legitimate complaints

But what some may consider a legitimate complaint others may see as a slight inconvenience.

But what some may consider a legitimate complaint others may see as a slight inconvenience.

I have extended family who we never would dine with, never mind travel with. They have never met an inconvenience that they could not magnify to Titanic proportions. Dinner is a trial, so if bread service is not perfect there is whining, and by the end of the meal, one that my DH and I would be perfectly content with, there is a complaint lodged wth the manager, a server practically in tears, and my husband practically purple. One trip filled with complaints to management, calls to housekeeping for craziness, temper tantrums etc. was enough for us to know that waht we see as a minor inconveniences is way different than them. I dont tell them they are wrong, but I wont travel with them ever again.

Yes, there is that, but I think it is even more difficult to discuss the cases where someone has heard about some great pixie dust enjoyed by others and then complains when they don't get the same or better.

Well I haver never had an issue with the room looking good but I tip around $10 a day. Last year I asked the cleaning lady for some extra soup, shampoo etc. They brought me an entire boxful. I have noticed people that always seem to have perfect trips they are also Iger Defenders. Do I get annoyed with Disney over the prices. Oh yeah and I am very vocal about it. I have noticed that no matter what happens a few of the same people defend everything that Disney does. All I can say is 2 moderates rooms, deluxe plan for 10 days and in 2006 I spent $6000 on. Try that now its at least double +.

No more so then the Disney haters, whom seem to complain to complain, like I read where someone complained they had to wait 10 minutes for a ADR, really 10 mins is nothing IMPO. Is Disney perfect no but are they that bad, in some rare cases I can see the thought of some. I can say that in our many trips to Disney we have had nothing but outstanding times! And yes Disney has out priced themselves in a moderate vacation and is pricey now a days with all of the over the top price increases lately, but then has Disney EVER been a moderate priced vacation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!