Has Anyone Eaten at Planet Hollywood On The DDP?

ColleenLovesMinnie

Mouseketeer
We made ADR's for Planet Hollywood during our trip in Aug. We have heard really mixed reviews but decided we would give it a try on our DTD night. I'm wondering if there are only certain entrees covered from the menu for those on the DDP? I read on another thread there is a $5.00 surcharge on entrees over $27.00 (I'm sure this won't apply to us as we'll probably stick to burgers). A poster on another thread kind of alluded to restrictions at PH and I was just curious - this is the 1 ADR we have that I'm riding the fence on.

Thanks for any info! :thanks:

the only restrictions at planet hollywood is the surf and turf which is steak and shrimp. We ate there 3 times our last trip. with free dining. Just to change the menu up a bit. Disney food is like cruise food to me., It all taste the same after awhile. love the wings for appy. also go before 530pm or really late because it is crowded. you can use dining to make AR before 530 but after that your on your own. :cheer2:

We ate at PH on our trip in Nov/Dec and are planning to do so again in May.

We found it to be excellent! They have a good variety of foods, and the absolute best desserts!

We had no real problems using the plan (even though the waitress was new and didn't really know much about it). And like someone else mentioned, it's only the surf and turf that had the surcharge - the other meals (including steaks) were covered.

Thanks everyone - After all the buffets and heavier meals we will be eating we're thinking PH night would be good for burgers and such so I'm thinking the surcharge won't apply. It seems this is one of those restaurants that people really like or really hate! Since we are staying at the POFQ we thought we would take the boat from there to DTD - the other restaurants there on the DDP didn't seem to appeal to all of our finicky taste buds (especially my picky kids :rolleyes2 ).

Thanks again! :wave2:

I gave my DD the menus for many of the restaurants on the dining plan--she studied them and attached "yes" or "no" to tell me what ADRs to make. The one exception was that on Planet Hollywood she wrote, "Heck YES." We weren't disappointed. We had ADRs for 6 pm.

We have eaten at PH a few times. The last time was on the DDP and we had a great meal! Although you can't order the surf & turf, our waitress told us that if you have your heart set on that combination that you can order shrimp for your appetizer and steak for the meal. It didn't matter to us. I had a yummy pasta dish, and DH enjoyed the ribs. DS had a burger. The brownie sundae was to DIE FOR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter