Has anyone done the Sedona/Grand Canyon tour?

01Sweetpea

DIS Veteran
I was looking into the Wyoming trip, which looks very interesting, discussing it with DH who said he would rather go to the Grand Canyon that Wyoming. I clicked on the American Southwest link...and there it was... Grand Canyon!

The trip looks AMAZING. Has anyone taken this trip and can give me some feedback?

Thanks!

2007 is the first time the American Southwest tour is being offered so you will not be getting any feedback until May at the earliest. I agree this trip looks great! Just booked it for DH and myself for June. :cool1: :cool1:

Thanks for the info. IF we go...and that is a BIG IF...it won't be until the kids are out of school...end of June or beginning of July.

I have been looking at it also for next summer after school is out. It is a toss up between that one and the Austrian tour.

ppiew said:
I have been looking at it also for next summer after school is out. It is a toss up between that one and the Austrian tour.

We're considering the same trips. I would really love to go to Austria, and feel like I should do that one first in case it's not offered again, but factoring in airfare, it's significantly more expensive than the Grand Canyon Trip. I think we may have to wait until 2008. Hoping that Austria is popular enough to be offered again next year!

There are some awesome early booking discounts available.

You are looking at up to $800 discount for the Imperial cities Adventure and up to $700 for the Grand Canyon Adventure.

If there is any way I can assist or any questions that need answers.....please let me know.

I can be reached at ABD@wdwinfo.com

Kevin

In the little bit of research I have done, flights into Vienna are considerably more expensive than flights to Frankfurt, Munich, or Amsterdam. We are considering flying to one of those airports and use the money to spend an extra few days enjoying those sites on our own as we make our way to Vienna. Last year we spent a week between Amsterdam and Munich and found so so much to do and to see. It would be nice to go back and enjoy the sites in depth. Granddaughter (age 9) says she loved the 'little' town in Bavaria (Fuessen) and would like to go back. She loved the Ann Frank house in Amsterdam and is now writing a book report on Ann's diary. So if the air is expensive (and it surely is) there are certainly other options which we would like to avail ourselves of if the opportunity presents itself. You might want to consider those options.
I felt that the Austrian tour blended so well with other options that we are considering it very seriously.

We're aiming for the Sedona/Grand Canyon tour for September 2007 -- it looks excellent! It's way pricey, but we'd be using DVC points (and we have lots of extras next year).

I've never done an actual guided tour, but have been to Sedona and the Grand Canyon. Breathtaking is all I can think of to describe the views!! :cloud9: My DH and I rented a car and did the drive. The main hwy is I17, it is the fastest to the Grand Canyon. However my DH and I took Old Creek Canyon Rd, much more scenic. We also stopped at Slide Rock Park. There is an actual water slide that is a natural formation from the run off from the mountains. The water was cold but it was very cool! :thumbsup2 Not sure what the tour entails, but the area is definately worth seeing for yourself. Pictures and movies does not do it justice. I also recommend sticking around to see the sun set at the Grand Canyon. Have fun! :sunny:

We have just booked the ABD Southwest for August 7th -

Disney said they can cancel the trip if there is not enough interest - Has anyone ever heard of this happening?

I hope not - we are really looking forward to this trip - I hear they are wonderful!

VV Blue
Dayton, OH

Hmm.... I didn't hear them say that to me. That would really be horrible, since we've already purchased airline tickets separately. As it is, both the tour the week before ours and the week after ours are already sold-out, so I'd expect mine would sell-out next. Perhaps people are avoiding the middle of the summer, aiming for the earlier and later tours?

The fine print DOES say that Disney may cancel a tour for a variety of reasons, so it's possible... by the way, are you able to use DVC points to pay for the tour?

Yes, we paid for the entire tour with DVC points.

We have 6 going - so we used 1/2 points & 1/2 cash- DVC & ABD were very helpful in getting us all set up

Is it my imagination, or did all of us who booked the tour through DVC prior to December 2 actually save 42 points per person!?!?!?!?!? WOW! I don't think I've ever saved so much money on anything in my life! LOL

That's like saving $420 per person.... did the cash price go up by that much?

bicker said:
Is it my imagination, or did all of us who booked the tour through DVC prior to December 2 actually save 42 points per person!?!?!?!?!? WOW! I don't think I've ever saved so much money on anything in my life! LOL

That's like saving $420 per person.... did the cash price go up by that much?

It's not your imagination ... If you booked before Dec 2 you were eligible for an early booking bonus, based on availability!!!

On my London/Paris trip, I saved $1000 for the two of us :cool1: . That leaves me more money to spend on souvenirs!!!

I knew about the early booking bonus, but I had no idea it could possibly be THAT MUCH. Wow. I cannot tell you how incredibly tickled I am about it.

Now they just better not cancel my tour! Grrr.

I have never take a tour of the southwest, but DH and I spent two weeks touring northern AZ/southern UTah just three months ago. AWESOME! I think it should be mandatory that every American see the Grand Canyon! We spent four days there...3 on the south rim, 1 on the north. Go, you will love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter