Has anyone done the Paradise Point Tramway on ST Thomas.

thatmom

Mouseketeer
Hi,
Ok, Has anyone been on this tram? Was it boring? Did you think it was something worth seeing? This would be two Adults going. Thinking this than meeting the rest of us back at Coral World for the day. Will they enjoy the tramway?
thanks,
thatmom

We did it a year ago. To be honest, I was a bit disappointed. I thought that it was very pricey and not very interesting. My advice would be to skip it.

Hi,
Thanks for such a fast responce. The price I read was $15 a person. Do think that is to much because you only have a hour? Compare to most we thought it a good price for a group activity.
Thanks,
thatmom

I did it and I enjoyed it. I agree, it's a little pricey, but you get a "million-dollar" view of your ship and the Charlotte Amalie harbor. We had variable clouds the day we were there. The view is spectacular when the sun is shining, but much less so when clouds block the sun. The difference in colors between sunlight and no direct sunlight is quite stark.

Also, they have some exotic birds at the top and do occasional bird shows. Interesting shops as well.

We did this on our first 7 day cruise. I don't remember the cost but we did enjoy it....well, most of it....

The Magic tendered in ST at the time. DH decided we would walk from the tender station to the tram. He said it was a mile...it was more like 5 or 6 or 10 miles!!!! It was also 89 degrees and needless to say....dd and I were NOT happy with him by the time we got there!!!!! He said we were going to walk back too...I told him dd and I were taking a cab...we really didn't care what he did....or if he got back to the ship at all(if you get my drift)..lol so, he decided to ride back in the cab with us!!!!!!

The view is spectacular, the exotic birds are there and one of the shops had a dog..so dd was in heaven. I think we had a couple of drinks(Bushwacker comes to mind) and some pizza or burgers or something like that....I don't know if I'd do it again...but I'm glad we did it once.

Phyllis
:cool:

I guess part of my disappointment with Paradise Point was that I thought that the tram went to Mountain Top, home of the banana daiquiri. Or at the very least I could get to Mountain Top from Paradise Point. I guess it's my fault for not doing enough research.

We've been to St. Thomas twice on the Disney Magic. Our first trip included a trip to Magen's Bay Beach and the Udder Delights milkshake shop. We did the Paradise Point Tram on our second trip to St. Thomas. Although the view from Paradise Point is breathtaking, in retrospect we would have had a better time if we had simply returned to Magen's Bay.

We love Paradise Pt. but then we aren't really beach people. Every time we have been in St. Thomas we do the tram. It is a pricey but the view of the harbor is spectacular. The bird show is cute and there are a few shops to browse in. We always have a couple drinks and this last cruise in Jan. we even ate a light lunch (pizza for the guys and a chicken ceasar salad for me). It is an easy walk from the pier. Kathy

The tram was our favorite thing in St Thomas! The tram was about a 10 minute walk from the ship and was a great ride to an amazing view. The 1st picture shows that it wasn't too far of a walk - you can see the stern of the Magic in the top left corner. There is a nature walk at the top (rocky so wear sneakers, not sandals) that the kids liked and it was great to relax & admire the view.
Here's a link to their website:
http://www.paradisepointtramway.com/

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG

We took a cab to Mountain Top once, and it was kind of dissapointing. There is a great view of Magen's Bay, but other than the view, there is not much else to do up there. There are a few shops with the same type of stuff you can get in the little mall near the cruise ship pier.

Yes, you can get a Banana Daquiri from the place where they were "discovered". They cost $6.50 two years ago, and to be honest, they make better ones on the ship. The view from Mountain Top is essentially the same as the view from the St. Peter's Greathouse, and they give you free rum punch there.

I've still never done the tram, but would like to. Lately, we've either gone to St. John, or to Sapphire Beach during the St. Thomas stop.

How does one get to the St. Peter Greathouse? I've not been on the tram but would like to get a view from the top of St. Thomas from somewhere!!

Thanks!

Rae

On our last trip to St. Thomas we took an island tour in an open air bus the sights are beautiful, we saw megans bay Peters Great house, Mountian top. Saw how the people of St. Thomas live. This was much nicer than shopping.
As far as the tramway goes, we tried to do this one time but it was raining so hard that we had to skip it, maybe next time. Friends went up later and they raved about the view and enjoyed the shopping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter