Has anyone done Pick a Pearl in Japan lately?

jo-jo

DIS Veteran
We are going in Sept with 4 DGDs. I was thinking that would be a nice experience. But I wish I knew the prices of the cages. Does anyone have a picture of the display case? I had thought to buy something ahead of time. DH thought the girls would like to pick there own. If I knew some prices, I could say pick something under X amount. But I don't know prices.

We are going in Sept with 4 DGDs. I was thinking that would be a nice experience. But I wish I knew the prices of the cages. Does anyone have a picture of the display case? I had thought to buy something ahead of time. DH thought the girls would like to pick there own. If I knew some prices, I could say pick something under X amount. But I don't know prices.
The pearls run around $18 per pick. Don't buy any cages ahead of time because they might not fit. The cages run from around $35 on up towards $100, then there are chains as well. The cages will not stay closed without the chain so make sure they either have one from home they can use or you can buy them there. You can always go online and get cages after they pick their pearls. It is much cheaper to do it that way and then you will know what size cage you will need.

We just did this a week ago. DD's pearl was 6 3/4 and her cage was $23 (I think) and mine was a 7 1/2 and my cage was $25. We bought the silver. I don't recall the price on the gold but the $35 sounds about right. These were just the swirl style. There are others that are more expensive.

The pearls run around $18 per pick. Don't buy any cages ahead of time because they might not fit. The cages run from around $35 on up towards $100, then there are chains as well. The cages will not stay closed without the chain so make sure they either have one from home they can use or you can buy them there. You can always go online and get cages after they pick their pearls. It is much cheaper to do it that way and then you will know what size cage you will need.

I had thought even if we buy the cages there, we'd buy chains ahead of time.

We just did this a week ago. DD's pearl was 6 3/4 and her cage was $23 (I think) and mine was a 7 1/2 and my cage was $25. We bought the silver. I don't recall the price on the gold but the $35 sounds about right. These were just the swirl style. There are others that are more expensive.

I realize the carriage would be a biggie and everybody wants that, but did the cheaper cages have several choices? I'm a little concern I'm going to hear "oh please grandma..."

I realize the carriage would be a biggie and everybody wants that, but did the cheaper cages have several choices? I'm a little concern I'm going to hear "oh please grandma..."
The Cinderella cages are very appealing to little girls and much more expensive than the swirly ones. I can't remember the cost of those but they were higher than the others.

The Cinderella cages are very appealing to little girls and much more expensive than the swirly ones. I can't remember the cost of those but they were higher than the others.

I saw one on amazon for $18 but it looks a little clunky. Maybe that's just the nature of pearl cages.

Am I allowed to post a link for it????

I found some really cute pearl cages on Etsy - they are large baubles and could fit several pearls (thinking ahead that we might want to add pearls on other trips). They were themed to different princesses and came in really cute little treasure boxes. They were not expensive - maybe $25 per? I gave them to my girls before the trip and told them that we might find something small at Disney that would fit in them. That way we weren't even looking at the jewelry when we were there (a good thing, because the store was packed on the day we were there!)

There are a number of different styles. I can't remember what they were but I know there were a least 5-6 in both gold and silver. We were looking at the simple ones as it was my DD(23) and me so I didn't focus on anything but the simple ones that I would wear more frequently.

They're quite reasonable prices. I thought the cheapest were going to be about $40 so thank you for this

My DS did something for his wife in May. It was just a few days before Mother's day. He had bought a mother/child pearl cage with us. So we go and DDIL thinks we are just going to see. My DGS 5 while standing on my DH lap, who is sitting in wheelchair, picks out the clam. Going thru the cermoney..DDIL is recording. As the CM is ready to put in it the bag, we slip it into the cage, DGS turns and says "Happy Mother's Day". DDIL stops recording and starts crying. Oh by the way, he picked a silver pearl.

But the idea of doing this with my DGDs didn't occur to me until later. My great idea always develop a week later.

Meant to post this earlier this week, but you all know how Disney time works!! LOL. Some of the prices are hard to see but the prices are increasing as you progress through, so you should be able to figure them out.

View attachment 262916

View attachment 262915

THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!! That's exactly what I was looking for. I'll ask my DD which way to go.....limit the choice to $35 or below or bring cages from home and keep them away from the display case. Don't want to sound like a cheap grandma, but when you have to multiply costs by 4, it adds up. I did see some on amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0105LPGH0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

They have free returns , so I'm going to ask DD what she thinks.

Thank you again.

It is sooooo much cheaper online and waiting wouldn't be a fun. We purchase ours before we go and if you're worried about it fitting - just buy two different sizes and take them all. I'd say you could take 6 for the price of 1 there. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter