Has anyone done 2 studios for a family instead of a 1 bdrm

Disney-Kim

DIS Veteran
with kids????
the idea seems good because you get 2 bathrooms. but looking at the maps of VWL there don't seem to be connecting studios. just side by side.

if you told Member Svcs that you needed them side by side due to all 1 family...would they comply...or is it just a "request"??

thanks for any input:goodvibes

It would be a request only to ask for side by side studios - not a guarantee. Many of the DVC resorts do not have them next to each other, such as OKW. They will also require that one adult be registered in each room.

The best they can do is try to get the studios near each other but it is just a request. The check-in/check-out timing would have to be just right to have two studios next to each vacant on the same day. Too difficult for DVC to guarantee.

If you are talking about doing this for an individual family to get two bathrooms, I don't know if it's worth it unless you are comfortable with the idea that the family could be on opposite ends of the same floor, or even on different floors. It's not a bad idea if you've got two families traveling together -- gives folks "private" time.

The best they can do is try to get the studios near each other but it is just a request. The check-in/check-out timing would have to be just right to have two studios next to each vacant on the same day. Too difficult for DVC to guarantee.

If you are talking about doing this for an individual family to get two bathrooms, I don't know if it's worth it unless you are comfortable with the idea that the family could be on opposite ends of the same floor, or even on different floors. It's not a bad idea if you've got two families traveling together -- gives folks "private" time.

It would be 2 adults and 2 kids...so prob not great if they are not together.

I wasn't sure if maybe they would honor that request knowing was all 1 family. Its for my DSis family...told them I would ask.

I'm not sure there are studios at VWL that are adjacent to each other. If you reserve two studios, plan on having one parent is each.

I'm not sure there are studios at VWL that are adjacent to each other. If you reserve two studios, plan on having one parent is each.

thanks Carol.

I have links to the room maps for VWL and there are a few that are right next to each other.
We are 2 couples that travel together and have always been able to get studios either adjacent or across the hall.
but this year the other couple are taking 2 kids.....so its a bigger deal.

even with a parent in each room....still no fun if far apart....looks like 1 bdrm is better idea for them:)

I would say that your chances of getting the very few that are next to each other would be very slim. They would not guarantee it and it would strickly be luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter