Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

They are buttons! I got them at Michael’s, but I have seen the brand sold at Walmart and AC Moore too. They are made by a company called Jesse James.

I just clip off the back with wire cutters and glue them on. They sell a lot of different ones.

I've been looking at them online and they have a lot that are "embellishments" so probably wouldn't have the back to cut off. Wish I had known about these for our last trip. No plans to go back in the near future but I'll try to remember these if we do! So stinking cute!

20190201_084330_zpsee7hwtlv.png

20190201_084257_zpsygxwj6yv.png

IMG_20171008_201624_253_zps80rqiihj.jpg

So these bands are from my last 3 trips. I believe I've posted them here before. I just wanted to announce that a green one will be coming soon! I'm so excited to have another color added to my blinged out collection! I'm also proud of the improvement of my crystal placing skills over the years!

Orange one will probably always be my favorite!

This might not be the place to ask this question but I found these really cute Disney buttons at Michael's and thought it would be fun to decorate my magic band with them. But not sure how to attach them. Anyone else try using these before? [GALLERY=]2019-03-09 (2).png [/GALLERY]

This might not be the place to ask this question but I found these really cute Disney buttons at Michael's and thought it would be fun to decorate my magic band with them. But not sure how to attach them. Anyone else try using these before? [GALLERY=]View attachment 387450 [/GALLERY]
Someone up thread had. They clipped off the shank and used glue like E-6000 I think. Cute!

This might not be the place to ask this question but I found these really cute Disney buttons at Michael's and thought it would be fun to decorate my magic band with them. But not sure how to attach them. Anyone else try using these before? [GALLERY=]View attachment 387450 [/GALLERY]

Someone up thread had. They clipped off the shank and used glue like E-6000 I think. Cute!

I agree with marthachick. Cut off the shank and use E-6000. It's a really strong glue that will hold firmly even in water, but is flexible enough so that you can remove the button (and with a little work the glue) at a later date. I swear by the stuff for many jewelry and DIY Mickey Ear projects.

I have indeed. None have fallen off yet and I do clip off the shank and use E-6000.

How did you get such a perfect black outline on the Mickey head ??
what is "clear glow in the dark"
Just finished the first one using nail polish! All of the silver designs have clear glow in the dark over them. The black outline of the mickey head is ultra fine point sharpie, then there are two coats of clear over the whole thing. I may still add glow in the dark to the grey part, or possibly silver sparkles, but I'm not really a glitter kind of person.
My next project is to turn hubby's grey band into a death star/star wars theme...
20 days to go :)

What is "clear glow in the dark" also what did you use for "clear coat" How did you find the polish held up over the trip.

After all the furor over the upgraded magicband options I felt like posting here. I'm still all about decorating our own bands - thank goodness!

Me too! I actually had the option to do the upgraded ones for our upcoming trip but everyone still wanted their own special designs by me- even if they don't look professional. Funny thing is, I checked on MDE to see if it showed they'd shipped and there was a message saying that due to popularity, the upgraded magic bands were now temporarily unavailable! Oh no, another little thing for people to be mad about!

I had a nightmare with the upgraded bands (they only upgraded one and are sending my DH a grey one even though I ordered an upgraded one for him, too). So, to make up for it, I designed a few bands for him that he loves the look of on magicyourbands. I am great with the computer and my Silhouette, not so much when I try to do things manually so I will stick with designing skins, lol. I will post pics when they come in but I designed a Flynn Rider and Maui and Hei Hei "boat snack" for hubby plus the Figment one that is pre-designed and for myself, Orange bird and the glow in the dark Haunted Mansion Wallpaper with a different Madame Leota glow in the dark face, and I designed my own buffalo plaid one. I absolutely can't wait as I have plain ones that are all scratched up from use.

Finally getting around to posting pictures of band I painted for our June trip. Once again I used leather acrylic paint and sprayed acrylic sealer on top. They all held up really well. I decorated them based on everyone's favorite ride: Pirates of the Caribbean for DH, Haunted Mansion for me, Test Track for DS1, 7 Dwarfs Mine Train for GF1, Slinky Dog Dash for DS2, and Space Mountain for GF2.
IMG_4226 - Copy.JPG
IMG_4230 - Copy.JPGIMG_4231 - Copy.JPG

Finally getting around to posting pictures of band I painted for our June trip. Once again I used leather acrylic paint and sprayed acrylic sealer on top. They all held up really well. I decorated them based on everyone's favorite ride: Pirates of the Caribbean for DH, Haunted Mansion for me, Test Track for DS1, 7 Dwarfs Mine Train for GF1, Slinky Dog Dash for DS2, and Space Mountain for GF2.
View attachment 419518
View attachment 419521View attachment 419522

Very cute!!!

Finally getting around to posting pictures of band I painted for our June trip. Once again I used leather acrylic paint and sprayed acrylic sealer on top. They all held up really well. I decorated them based on everyone's favorite ride

Amazing work! So creative! Thanks for sharing — great inspiration for my next trip

What kind of adhesive do people recommend using for small, clear bling? Also, is there a place you recommend purchasing them online? We're not looking for Swasorski or anything like that, just fake gems. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!