Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

My nephew's wife has only ever requested two bands from me. This is the second and most challenging one. She simply requested an Up band. I struggled with what to paint for months. I didn't want to just paint the iconic house and balloons image, so I searched the internet and found a picture I thought I could reproduce. It took a couple weeks of spare time work, but I think she's going to flip out when she finally sees it.

UP.jpg

Last edited:
At the same time of the Up request, my nephew's daughter asked if I could reproduce the Cinderella band that was originally posted to this thread several years ago. I haven't had a chance to look back to see who originally painted it (sorry that I'm not giving proper credit here), but it was a wonderful idea that I hope I'm paying homage to.

Cinderella.jpg

Last edited:
Lastly, for the moment, I took this Singing Busts specialty band and added my very favorite ghost. This Hat Box Ghost image was also found searching the net. I can't take credit for anything other than reproducing someone else's work. He really is my favorite. I hope an animatronic Hatty comes to WDW's Haunted Mansion someday.

Hat Box Ghost.jpg

Last edited:
At the same time of the Up request, my nephew's daughter asked if I could reproduce the Cinderella band that was originally posted to this thread several years ago. I haven't had a chance to look back to see who originally painted it (sorry that I'm not giving proper credit here), but it was a wonderful idea that I hope I'm paying proper homage to.

View attachment 567751
I love all your bands! I painted the inspiration for this one a few years ago for my mom. :-). I stopped painting bands after Disney started offering designs. I was happy to get a notification that this thread was active again.

After looking back to try to find it, but couldn't, I was thinking you were likely the one. I don't think I will ever stop painting mine. I like having the puck area painted which Disney won't do. I get why, so folks can change out those pucks over time. My solution is to carry a newer puck in my bag that will work for capturing those distance photos when an older band has lost it's juice. Haven't had an issue yet when wearing an older band by using this method.

Last edited:

Ok, it's been almost a year since anyone posted here. Looks like there are very few of us still decorating and/or painting our own bands. Who can blame those who don't with the plethora of Disney Specialty Bands, the seemingly billions of skins you can buy online and the soon to arrive interactive Magic Band+. However, I've still got a few bands on hand to paint for myself so I'm still here.

With all that said, my nephew was apparently a bit jealous of the Animal Kingdom bands I made for his wife and daughter. I suggested a slightly more masculine paracord version for him and he went online to find a pattern he liked. He thought this looked a bit like the eyes of a Banshee on Pandora.
Paracord.jpg

Since we still don't have a release date for MagicBand+, I'm still painting some 2.0's for my upcoming trip. I only have a few more on hand and definitely won't be getting anymore. My eyesight definitely gets wonky for a few days after painting one of these now.

In honor of the opening of Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind, I painted Ravager Baby Groot to go with my matching ears.

Ravager Baby Groot.jpg

Last edited:
And here's one that I've been wanting to paint for awhile now. Like many of my others, this was copied from a painting I found online. I thought it was a brilliant image combining The Mandalorian and The Child a.k.a Grogu. I may add more to this one in the future, but this is it for now.

The Child 2.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter