Has anyone checked in VERY late?

yoopermom

Come join Bravo by the fire...
I made the (probably unwise) decision to stay the first night at HRH on Dec. 26th even though our flight doesn't get in until 11:30 p.m. The whole family is second-shifters, so thought it would be easier to be able to sleep in and get going right to the parks when we get up. And ressie is nonrefundable through hotelkingdom (but price was excellent). Now I'm terrified that even if I notify them in advance about our late arrival that we'll be bumped to another hotel since this is such a busy time of the year. Anyone else ever arrived late and had experiences good or bad? Thanks!
Yoopermom

I don't have an answer for you really, but we are doing the same thing except we expect to arrive around 9:30 p.m.

I told them when I made the reservation, and they said it was fine.

I think I will double check with HRH befire I leave.

Maybe you could call the HRH and confirm your reservation and tell them how late you will arrive??

I don't know much about HotelKingdom so I don't know if you can call the hotel directly??

I generally book a different hotel when arriving so late since we too are second shifters, but I can see where you are coming from. I would call the HRH directly that morning or the night before. The managers name is Lou Carrier his direct line is 407-503-2001 it probably doesn't hurt to talk to him directly if you can.

Thanks, Cheryl, for the manager's phone and name. Yes, we probably should have just stayed at the airport Hyatt, but isn't it always the way that you secondguess ressies you can't cancel! I just know that this will be the time that we'll get bumped on our flight and not get in until the next a.m....
Thanks again!
Terri the Yoopermom
(who's trying to picture how comfortable sleeping in the rental car will be...)

I would also suggest that you sign up for Loews First, and you may just get a room upgrade when you arrive, if all the regular rooms are filled up. We just went, and checked in at about 10:30 p.m., and got an upgrade to a club room.

beattyfamily check your PM! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter