• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has Anyone Celebrated a Birthday at O'Hana's?

tinkie

Mouseketeer
I'll be taking my DS (8 going on 9) there for his birthday celebration and was wondering how they celebrate it (if they do). Can I request a special dessert?

THANKS

hi:wave:
i'd like to know this as well::yes::
we are going in october with 2 other families 11 of us all together and it will be mine,dh and my litttle cousins birthdays while we are there was thinking of giving this place a try:D

eve:D

Two years ago we went to celebrate my daughter's 13th birthday. I thought this was a big deal - becoming a teenager. However, the service we received really disappointed us. When I called for PS I told the CM we would be celebrating a birthday. She told me to tell the hostess and my daughter would receive a surprise dessert.

The night of her birthday the restaurant was very busy. I told the hostess that we were celebrating a birthday she said basically nothing. She looked at me with a blank stare. So I told her again, and she replied that they don't give anything away free. Needless to say, I was insulted. I told her I wasn't looking for anything free, but it would be nice to have the man playing the ukelele to sing happy birthday (We had witnessed him doing this during previous visits). The hostess just ignored my comment.

When the waitress came to our table and I again mentioned that it was my daughter's birthday. She brought out a cupcake and plopped it on the table. She told us she didn't sing and walked away. All this was going on while the ukelele player was making the rounds singing to various tables.

This would of been bad enough however, on the way out we heard the ukelele man singing 'Happy Birthday' to other guests.

Conclusion: Don't expect anything and you may be surprised.

I have seen the staff sing and note other special occasions many times at Ohana's. However, we happened to be there on my birthday last trip, and though we didn't have it noted ahead of time with the PS, dh mentioned it to the hostess at checkin, and they wrote it down. We did get a good table (window table to view the fireworks) not sure if the birthday mattered or not on that one, but nothing else happened. We had a really nice server, and we had a great time, as usual. I didn't know that dh had told them it was my birthday until we had left and were walking back to the room--he said, wow, I told them it was your birthday, and she even wrote it down--I thought they would sing or announce it or something. I was actually glad they had not, LOL!! But it still seemed kind of weird, that they wrote it down and everything. I agree with the usual: expect nothing, and be surprised if you get a little pixie dust. If you really want something to happen, try calling private dining and arrange something that you plan and pay for--that way you can confirm it over and over until it actually appears.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter