has anyone camped with a 4 room tent?

We have family of 5 and My DH is 6.5. so we needed headroom and legroom. We do have to be careful that "tent sites" will fit us. WDW has never been a problem. We got ours at Costco and love it.

We have a great 2 room cabin tent with attached screened in "porch". I love it and its super easy to put up.

What brand is that? We're looking at a Coleman 2 room cabin tent with screen porch (it's a full room with a floor) and we're wondering if it would be a good choice. This is it, it was on sale for $199 at Bass Pro Shops last week: http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colemancom/detail.asp?product_id=9232-600&categoryid=11020 My husband wants something with a slide-out, I guess I'll be unzipping a door an pushing him through.

we currently have a red canyon from coleman and I love it, however we have six children(we foster 3, 3 our own) two will required pack'n'plays. I was looking into the bass pro shop 4 room tent. Has anyone ever used any of their tents? The website has some pretty mixed reviews, with all their tents.

I was just checking some of their tent reviews and it's really frustrating. It makes you wonder if everyone has the same tent, or if some are not putting the tents up right. One I read said that the tent was great; it sprinkled and nothing got wet inside!! Here a good example of the crazy spectrum of reviews, the last 2 reviews of the tent. http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/s...01_52100?cmCat=CROSSSELL&cmid=PP_P0_1#reviews.

Edited to C/P reviews here:
Overall Rating: 1 out of 5 1 out of 5
Ms., April 21, 2006
By a camping and boating family from Florida

"This tent was roomy and kept us very cool. It was great to be able to divide it so kids could have their own space. However the first night the doors zippers got stuck and we had to cut the tent to get out. The second night the same thing happened on the other door. I would not recommend this tent to anyone unless you don't need doors on your tent!"

What is your gender?: Female
What type of products do you most often purchase from Bass Pro?: Fishing
How frequently do you spend time doing outdoor activities?: Often
0 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No (Report Inappropriate Review)

Overall Rating: 5 out of 5 5 out of 5
We call it the "Alamo", April 10, 2006
By Young Family from League City, Texas

"This tent rocks! We are avid campers at least 3/4 times a year for 6/7 days at a time - this tent has handled 80 mile an hour wind gusts off the lake, hail, buckets and buckets of rain....you name it, it has conquered it. Keeps you dry and cool! Great circulation - we love the large windows and canopy inside....and how cute are those shoe cubby's, they are great to thread extension cords through too."

What is your gender?: Female
What type of products do you most often purchase from Bass Pro?: Camping
How frequently do you spend time doing outdoor activities?: Often
10 of 10 people found this review helpful.

No kidding...I had the same problems shopping for our tent. Talk about mixed reviews. It seemed to be the exact same reviews too, "One sprinkle and we were soaked", or "we could have camped in a waterfall on everest and it was great!". Maybe it comes down to how you use it. The trip we were on in the photo was in the Rocky Mountains in April. We found the one spot that wasn't covered in snow and unfortunately it was in a relatively exposed area. We had 4 coyotes try to get into the tent that night. Needless to say, I had to do a small screen repair the next day, but the damage was minimal and the tent held up fine. It survived 2 years of Colorado camping.

Of course my DH is okay with the fact that I prefer campgrounds and I always bring our airbed and pillows:teeth:. I like the cabin tents more than the dome tent design simply because I like to be able to stand up the whole time. I'm 5'10" tall and so is my DH. We set up the chairs and a small table on the "porch" and you can take the divider down inside to make it one, big room (which we always do). I love our tent, but I am looking forward to the day we can get a small trailer!!

I think it all amounts to user error in many cases. You have to make sure there are no ripples/folds in the rain fly, seams should be sealed and scotch guard helps, you can't let anything touch the inside walls of the tent when it is raining or you'll have leakage problems, etc. Some people can use a cheap tent well and make it work, some can misuse a higher quality tent and have leaks.

That said, we just found a cheapy Greatland Target 2 room cabin tent cleared out for $24.99. Set it up over the weekend. I wouldn't trust this thing to not leak on a humid day, no matter how much scotch guard or seam sealer we put on it. You couldn't get me to camp in it for free. I want my $25 back. :)

Meg

No kidding...I had the same problems shopping for our tent. Talk about mixed reviews. It seemed to be the exact same reviews too, "One sprinkle and we were soaked", or "we could have camped in a waterfall on everest and it was great!". Maybe it comes down to how you use it. The trip we were on in the photo was in the Rocky Mountains in April. We found the one spot that wasn't covered in snow and unfortunately it was in a relatively exposed area. We had 4 coyotes try to get into the tent that night. Needless to say, I had to do a small screen repair the next day, but the damage was minimal and the tent held up fine. It survived 2 years of Colorado camping.

Of course my DH is okay with the fact that I prefer campgrounds and I always bring our airbed and pillows:teeth:. I like the cabin tents more than the dome tent design simply because I like to be able to stand up the whole time. I'm 5'10" tall and so is my DH. We set up the chairs and a small table on the "porch" and you can take the divider down inside to make it one, big room (which we always do). I love our tent, but I am looking forward to the day we can get a small trailer!!

Looks like you have a lot of responses and hopefully a direction to go.

I personally would just go with two tents. Two tents will be cheaper than a large canvas tent. We have done two tents on several trips using one for sleeping and one for kitchen. If you click my 21 day travel report on my signature, you will see more detailed photos of how we camp.

Best of luck!

Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 6.43.15 AM.png

Crazy! I didn't even see that it was from 2007! I never even think to look at the dates. If it is on the front page, then its a recently commented on post. It was on the front page about five or seven posts down when I logged on the DIS camping board. How odd!

This thread is 11 yrs old @ilovedisneymm - spect their younguns may be all grown up!! :D
These old threads have a way of catching us!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter