has anyone camped with a 4 room tent?

dancer-603

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone

I am asking this as a general statement, not just at FW. My family is growing and we would like to upgrade to a more roomier tent. Anyone has any suggestions as to which ones are better then others, I am all ears
Thanks

I have a very large 2-room tent. I've never seen a 4-room one. How big are they?

ntSammy, here is an example of one:

513N5Gi7gbL._SS500_.jpg

I've seen some at Walmart/Target/Costco, although in the end, they pretty much all seem the same to me. I remember when having a 4 person tent meant you were living in the lap of luxury...lol.

It seems most tents now a days are all pretty well made, it's more just aesthetics on whether you like it or not. Like do you want a rain fly that sticks out more is more tapered, how much ventilation/window flys do you want.

Here are a bunch of 4 room tents:

http://www.nextag.com/4-room-tent/search-html

Personally, I've always been a fan of the North Face brand of tents, they hold up well, and seem to be more "battle tested".

For more room, I would look into a cabin style. You lose space with dome tents. I think we're ready to retire one of our tents and go with something bigger, not much bigger since there's only three of us. DS is growing like a weed and this last trip he had to sleep at an angle in the tent to keep his feet from poking out the tent. I really like the Eureka's style and a lot of online sites have them on sale now. Also, we spotted a couple of Jeep brand (never seen this in stores) at a campground last weekend. We really liked the look but I can't find them anywhere.

I just checked out Colson's link. There's some impressive tents there. I like the Wenger Lugano 16 x 10. If you look at the multi-pics, the seams look well made and it has a bath-tub bottom (I guess most do now days anyway).

I tent camped during deer season for years with an Army Surplus "GP-Small" tent. Extremely heavy duty/durable & got it for about $100.00. You can always find these tents online or at Army Surplus stores.

I realize they are not very attractive and have no windows, but they are well insulated, unlike civilian use tents. We have an AC/Heater attachment we made for the tent as well (fits thru the hole where the "Yukon Stove" pipe goest thru.

I believe they are around 17' in diameter and 2 people can set them up (although I will say 3 is better). Someone has to keep the beer cooler stocked........

TT10001.jpg

I tent camped during deer season for years with an Army Surplus "GP-Small" tent.

I prefer a medium, but those are even more labor intensive to put up.

I have a Swiss Army Cabin Tent (Wenzel) that's 14' x 12' that's absolutely huge! I can set it up by myself even though the poles are all aluminum and are quite heavy. It's only a 2 room tent, but it is a cabin type so no sloping and full utilization. One wall is a large window! I got it at Sams for $120.

Of course, any time you put up a tent, cold beer is a requirement.

I tent camped during deer season for years with an Army Surplus "GP-Small" tent. Extremely heavy duty/durable & got it for about $100.00. You can always find these tents online or at Army Surplus stores.

I realize they are not very attractive and have no windows, but they are well insulated, unlike civilian use tents. We have an AC/Heater attachment we made for the tent as well (fits thru the hole where the "Yukon Stove" pipe goest thru.

I believe they are around 17' in diameter and 2 people can set them up (although I will say 3 is better). Someone has to keep the beer cooler stocked........

TT10001.jpg

Ugh, can you say buggy green sauna!!

Even at Scout Summer Camp I bring my own tent even though their tents are on wooden platforms and have nice cots. I want airflow and bug protection!!!!

For more room, I would look into a cabin style. You lose space with dome tents. I think we're ready to retire one of our tents and go with something bigger, not much bigger since there's only three of us. DS is growing like a weed and this last trip he had to sleep at an angle in the tent to keep his feet from poking out the tent. I really like the Eureka's style and a lot of online sites have them on sale now. Also, we spotted a couple of Jeep brand (never seen this in stores) at a campground last weekend. We really liked the look but I can't find them anywhere.

They were a give-a-way at the Jeep dealers 1 to 2 years ago.

We have a cabin style tent for the 5 of us and just love it. It's a Eureka Cooper Canyon (15 x 12 - I think). We had enough room for two queen air matresses, a table, a refrigerator, television, two fans, an a/c and all of our other STUFF. We actually took two tents (one for our stuff and one for us) but didn't need the second one.

we currently have a red canyon from coleman and I love it, however we have six children(we foster 3, 3 our own) two will required pack'n'plays. I was looking into the bass pro shop 4 room tent. Has anyone ever used any of their tents? The website has some pretty mixed reviews, with all their tents.

We have a Wenger family tent that is 3 rooms that sleeps up to 12. It is great for our family of 7- 2 adults and 5 children and quite a bit of gear! I like the Wenger tent better than our previous family tent that was Bass pro shops family tent. Lori

We have a cabin style tent for the 5 of us and just love it. It's a Eureka Cooper Canyon (15 x 12 - I think). We had enough room for two queen air matresses, a table, a refrigerator, television, two fans, an a/c and all of our other STUFF. We actually took two tents (one for our stuff and one for us) but didn't need the second one.

Ooh, we're thinking of getting another Eureka. I know you didn't use the second tent with the 15x12, but if you had, do you think there would have been enough room for both tents on your tent site at FW?

We are looking at the 13x12 (copper canyon) to go with our 11x11 Eureka.

Thanks!

Ooh, we're thinking of getting another Eureka. I know you didn't use the second tent with the 15x12, but if you had, do you think there would have been enough room for both tents on your tent site at FW?

We are looking at the 13x12 (copper canyon) to go with our 11x11 Eureka.

Thanks!

Nope. That was what we had wanted to do but we were in loop 800 and by the time we put up the first tent, there was no room for the second one. The parking pad, the landscape timbers, and the grill all conflicted. I've seen pictures of two/three tents on one lot and need to ask which loop.

We love the Eureka!!!

Nope. That was what we had wanted to do but we were in loop 800 and by the time we put up the first tent, there was no room for the second one. The parking pad, the landscape timbers, and the grill all conflicted. I've seen pictures of two/three tents on one lot and need to ask which loop.

We love the Eureka!!!

Loop 2000 is the only Loop where I usually set up multiple tents. Even then you need a sight where the ground outside the landscape timbers is level with the pad as we "stretched" over the edges some. There are some sites where there is a dropoff outside the timbers. Also on Loop 2000 the grills are all off on there own little square of sand, not in the middle of your tent area.

Thanks Carol, I knew you would know. It was your pictures I was thinking of!! Love your new camper!!!!!!!!!!

We have a great 2 room cabin tent with attached screened in "porch". I love it and its super easy to put up. as far as the 4 room tent goes...remember that not all campgrounds/sites will be able to accomodate large tents. Ours is 16' x 13' and we are usually at the upper end for most campgrounds. with the tents that extend on all sides, it becomes more difficult.

We have a large 3 room Wenger and we have a hard time finding a site big enough. But when we do it is so nice. Big enough to stand in, lots of pockets for storage.

It has room on either side of a good sized center breezway with tons of storage

We have a queen sized air bed in one room and plenty of room on either side.

We use three singles in the other room and the kids have storage for all their stuff.

The key is a good ground cloth that will keep water off the floor.
We

We have a 15' x 15' Jeep cabin tent. We bought it at Sam's a few years ago, but I don't know if you can find them anywhere now. I like it and it's really easy to set up. We haven't used it in a while though, as we now have a camper. The one we have is a three room with one side a screen room and the other can be divided or left as one big room. We also used to have a 14' x 14' cabin tent, can't remember what brand though, and that one was a 4 room. Although that one collapsed on us during strong winds at Fort Wilderness.:rotfl: Anyway, good luck on the search for the perfect tent!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!