HAS ANYONE BOUGHT THE ORLANDO ENT.BOOK TO USE IN ORLANDO

tink2dw

Pixie Dust or Bust!!
Just wondering if I would recoup the $30. for the Orlando Area entertainment book. By eating 2 for 1 off site? Does anyone know if the restaunts at HIFS would be in it?? or I-4 or International Dr.?? Or are they all in Kissimee??

All posts will be appreciated!! Thank-you!

Hi Tink. I have the Orlando Entertainment Book. I tried to go page by page, because I don't know the name of the restaurants at HIFS. It was taking a long time. Do you have names of restaurants you're interested in? I would be happy to look them up for you. It was worth it for me because I got my hotel for $40 a night. If you want, you can e-mail me at DawnF316@aol.com.

bump to top

mickey72a.gif

If you rent a car like I do, you can easily recoup the cost of the book by using the one day off coupon for National.

As for restaurants, a quick glance through the book revealed at least 10 restaurants off I-4 and International Drive, so I think it will be in your best interest to go for it.

Considering my car rental savings and dinner show coupons, the book paid for itself and saved us over 43.00 to top it off. :eek:

Biyanna
AS Sports 1/97'
AS Sports 1/99'
AS Sports 1/01'
Will hubby ever let us stay anywhere else? :rolleyes:

Is there a website that lists the discounts? Also, is this an Orlando only book or for all Florida?

there is an Orlando area entertainment book. But I didn't notice if there was a florida book. But they have a web site check it out!!

www.Entertainmentbook.com :cool:

mickey87a.gif

[This message was edited by tink2dw on 01-01-01 at 02:55 AM.]

Friends of ours gave us the Orlando Entertainment Book last year. I don't know if the coupons are the same as this year's book, but there was a 2 for 1 dinner coupon for the Maya Grill (at Coronado Springs Resort) and a 2 for 1 lunch at Max's Cafe (in Celebration -- I think it is called something different now). These two discounts would have paid for the book for us.

BTW - you don't need the Orlando discount book to receive the hotel and rental car discounts -- these listings are nationwide. The car rental discount coupon in your hometown Entertainment Book is valid at any of that chain's rental locations, and the hotel listing has "select" properties all over the country (and internationally, I think).

Last time I was cruising around the Entertainment book site, I noticed there were quite a few restaurants that don't require a coupon - you just show your card and get the discount. So if you buy the Entertainment book for your own area, you should get a bit more mileage out of it!

Just a suggestion...

dalcooks.jpg"

Gail a/k/a CookieGVB

"All you need is mugs..."

The entertainment logo on back of the DC card!! and used it at a local cafe for a 20% off the entire bill! WAY COOL!!! :D :D

PLUS I checked the web site,and Orlando restaurants are included!! I entered Lake Buena Vista, then clicked 13500-13511 Lake Vinning Dr.,Orlando,fl.32821 and got 118 places many on I-4 and International Dr.

mickey87a.gif

[This message was edited by tink2dw on 01-04-01 at 06:48 PM.]

If I have a New York entertainment book, can I use the card all over the country, esp. in Orlando?

thx

sPaGs.

djali.gif

does anyone know if tu tu tango's or ran-getsu's are in the orlando book?...a couple of my favorite orlando restaurants!

Neither restaurant is in the Orlando book. Too bad. I also love Tu-Tu's.

Our book has already paid for itself because the card looks identical to our local one so we have used it 3 times at our favorite local places.

The listings for Lake Buena Vista are
Arthur's 27 at the Wyndham
Baskervilles at the Grosvenor
Giraffe Diner at the Hotel Royal Plaza
Jungle Jim's (???)
Wildhorse Saloon at Pleasure Island

The first 2 are across the street from Downtown Disney. Since we will not have a car, these and the Wildhorse are the ones we will try.

Hope this helps

First WDW visit 1996 DxL
1997 CB
1998 CS
1999 baby
2000 Westgate Lakes
2000 DxL & BWI Concierge
Jan 2001 OKW

I know many of you don't want to hear this, but I don't really think you are supposed to be using a card that came with one Entertainment book in an area not covered by that book.

Can you "get away with it?" Probably - as long as you haven't already used the card at a restaurant that has the same number as one you try to use it at elsewhere. Is it "honest?" I certainly don't think so.

I don't believe I read anywhere on the site that said you have to have the book from that specific area to receive the discount if you only have to show your card...if it's there, I must have overlooked it - please point it out if you find it.

(Do I smell a refillable mug debate coming on?) ;)

dalcooks.jpg"

Gail a/k/a CookieGVB

"All you need is mugs..."

If the cards are the same as they were last year (I don't have my new card with me to look)there are a bunch of numbers on the back of the card. Each restaurant in the Fine Dining section is given a number. When you go to that restaurant it's coresponding number is removed from your card. Of course the restaurants in each area are different so they would be removing their local number from your card rather than the number of the restaurant it was originally intended to represent. You cannot use the discount more than once at each establishment, so you would be using the discount from another restaurant.

Don't know it that is helpful but there you go...

Taryn
hmtitle01a.gif

Port Orleans 2000

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!