Has anyone bought an AP on the APP?

poptart90

DIS Veteran
Finally need to break down and get the little girl her own AP...sigh, loved those toddler years! LOL

Has anyone purchased an AP on the Disneyland APP? I'm wondering specifically if it gives you the option to pick up your card at the gate or does it automatically mail it?

We will be there this week and are trying to figure out if it's worth trying it this way? thanks!

I remember someone posting that he did do this right after it became an option (in October?). He mentioned that the CMs at the ticket booth didn't seem to know what to do with his transaction -- they hadn't heard that APs could be purchased on the app. Based on his experience, I would think that you would have the option to pick up your pass at the ticket booth and have your photo taken at the gate.

Thank you, luckyrabbit! I received a bunch of surveys over the summer for using the new App options (ordering online, etc) so I thought I'd try it out to see if I could provide feedback as to ease of usage, and such. However, maybe I'll call ahead to confirm. :)

It was me who posted about this experience, you can indeed go pick it up at the booth. It's super crazy that you posted this as I haven't checked the boards since I made that post about 2 or 3 weeks ago. And I decided to pop in because I miss disney and this is the most recent post hahaha

You can do the upgrade or purchase through the app and even start using it with just your phone, when it came to getting discounts just using your phone was a hassle, they seem to not ask for ID as much when you have the physical card, but with my phone they wanted it 100% of the time, and it was time consuming for both sides

It was me who posted about this experience, you can indeed go pick it up at the booth. It's super crazy that you posted this as I haven't checked the boards since I made that post about 2 or 3 weeks ago. And I decided to pop in because I miss disney...

Good to see you back! How was your October trip? Post a trip report when you have some time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!