Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey

Kdbruin

Earning My Ears
I am planning to visit universal studios Hollywood and am a Harry Potter fan, however I think the Forbidden Journey ride will be too much for me. I was wondering if you can tour the castle without going on the ride.

Yes there is a chicken exit at the end. I don't remember if Hollywood has the "castle viewing only" line like Florida but getting in line doesn't force you to ride.

You can get a castle pass if the line extends past the entrance to the castle. Otherwise I'd just go through the line and walk out instead of getting on the moving walkway.

We don't like motion simulator rides, but wanted to see the entire queue. We went through the line and just exited when it was time to board the ride. The people working there seemed to be very used to seeing people do that.

Kdbruin I read just this week that they removed the 3d glasses rather unobtrusively because of people feeling nauseous.
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-3d-harry-potter-20161205-story.html
While i don't normally have THAT bad of a reaction with rides but I'm not a crazy roller coaster rider, I rode HPFJ in Orlando several years ago and got a migraine the rest of the day and had to go to the hotel. We live in SoCal and have gone to HP USH a few times in the last year and I haven't tried to ride it, and my teenage son didn't even realize the difference before and after Feb that they had taken away the glasses.

oh and YES you can tour the castle without going on the ride, they are all correct. Just ask the person at the front under the arch which line to get in so you can walk through. you shouldn't have to wait in line.

yes you just get in line then chicken out there is no tour line and ride line like FL on my birthday last year the ride was down so it became a big tour line which was great cause you could go at your own speed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!