Harmony of the Seas....Give me all comments

My apologies, I didn't mean to put per day in there. It is a one time $8 charge for the length of voyage. But it is per device. And I have read in a few other reviews recently that the price may have changed to $9 now.

I was on the Harmony last year on its transatlantic crossing from Barcelona to its home port in Florida. It is a fantastic ship and you will have a blast.

Some important tips:
  1. Make sure that you keep an eye on the cruise planner and make your reservations as soon as they become available for dinners, shows, et cetera.
  2. If you do not have a reservation, there is a real chance that you will not get in to see the musical on board, in to the ice show, or in to the Aqua Theatre (but, at least there, you can view further back on deck.)
  3. Even with a reservation, show up very early to queue in line so that you can get the best seat(s) possible. Reservations are for the show time, not for particular seats.
  4. If you are adventurous and like to spend money, there are several restaurants on board for a fee. However, I found that the food in the Main Dining Room was excellent and the choices were very good as well.
  5. If you purchase a drink special (for pop or for booze), check back occasionally as Royal often runs specials. You can always cancel your original order and place a new order for a cheaper price.
  6. Do not let the size or capacity of the ship frighten you. There are many areas on board where you can find quiet space to relax. You will also love your extra large balcony. (I had one on the TA last year as well.)
  7. Do not be afraid to ask the crew for help if you are lost or need suggestions. They are very friendly and competent and enjoy helping.
  8. Disembarking can be a bit of a hassle if you wait for groups to be called. You have the option of walking off with your baggage in tow. Direct walk-offs are the first to leave the ship. You can get off and clear the terminal quite easily that way and catch your transportation or get to your rental car much easier.

Enjoy your experience. I loved the Harmony TA so much that I booked the Symphony of the Seas Transatlantic for October 2018. :)

I was on the Harmony last year on its transatlantic crossing from Barcelona to its home port in Florida. It is a fantastic ship and you will have a blast.

Some important tips:
  1. Make sure that you keep an eye on the cruise planner and make your reservations as soon as they become available for dinners, shows, et cetera.
  2. If you do not have a reservation, there is a real chance that you will not get in to see the musical on board, in to the ice show, or in to the Aqua Theatre (but, at least there, you can view further back on deck.)
  3. Even with a reservation, show up very early to queue in line so that you can get the best seat(s) possible. Reservations are for the show time, not for particular seats.
  4. If you are adventurous and like to spend money, there are several restaurants on board for a fee. However, I found that the food in the Main Dining Room was excellent and the choices were very good as well.
  5. If you purchase a drink special (for pop or for booze), check back occasionally as Royal often runs specials. You can always cancel your original order and place a new order for a cheaper price.
  6. Do not let the size or capacity of the ship frighten you. There are many areas on board where you can find quiet space to relax. You will also love your extra large balcony. (I had one on the TA last year as well.)
  7. Do not be afraid to ask the crew for help if you are lost or need suggestions. They are very friendly and competent and enjoy helping.
  8. Disembarking can be a bit of a hassle if you wait for groups to be called. You have the option of walking off with your baggage in tow. Direct walk-offs are the first to leave the ship. You can get off and clear the terminal quite easily that way and catch your transportation or get to your rental car much easier.

Enjoy your experience. I loved the Harmony TA so much that I booked the Symphony of the Seas Transatlantic for October 2018. :)
Thank you so much! One question please: if we are walking off with our luggage AND a 11:55 flight at FLL on Southwest- what time do you suggest we get in line for customs?

Thank you so much! One question please: if we are walking off with our luggage AND a 11:55 flight at FLL on Southwest- what time do you suggest we get in line for customs?

I'd get in line as soon as the opportunity presented itself. Ships do not always clear right away so you would want to be waiting to disembark when they gave the all clear.

Just got off the Harmony not too long ago. Great ship, tons to do. Be sure to take a late night walk through Central Park. It's one of the most peaceful things I've done.

Was on Harmony this past June. First let me say that this was my 6th time on an Oasis class ship. The other cruises were all in peak travel times ( mid-June, late June, July, spring break, and New Year's Eve). This past cruise was the first time I felt as if I was constantly standing in line. There was always a wait at the bars. The mini bites area is tiny, and was one of the most popular venues for casual dining. At one point, there was only one towel station open, and I had to wait in line for 15 minutes just to return a towel! They have added more staterooms to these ships, and cut down on common areas. I was very disappointed. Also the fleet wide room service charge is definitely a negative.

They have expanded to comedy club, but if you don't get there early, you will be in the cheap seats, and may not even be able to see the stage.

But the ship is beautiful, and do take advantage of the specialty dining venues. 150 Park is exceptional! Also they aren't kidding when they say you should wear long sleeves and long pants on the Ultimate Abyss! My DNA will probably be on the inside wall of that slide for eternity!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter