Harmonious Dinner Packages Gone?

MaryKatesMom

DIS Veteran
Hello!

Can someone from the crack investigative team at Disunplugged please check with a contact at WDW and find out what the story is with the Harmonious Dinner Packages? I love it and see at least twice a year if not twice a trip.

• Nothing at 60 + 8
  • Spent $60 or so dollars for a reservation finder
  • Set my alarm for 5:45 every day to check myself
  • 40 days out called AP customer service and after a lengthy hold, CM confirmed they have not been loaded but would be once the Fireworks schedule has been released. Um, when have they NOT been at 9PM
  • 28 days out called again to politely express my frustration and ask IF they are going to be released and if not BLOCK them off. CM could not confirm or deny they will be loaded and expressed sympathy for my daily wake up calls
  • No one on the Disboards has reported getting reservations
  • My subscription service is working for other reservations but Zero for this and I now have 8 days or so signed up for two different vacations.
This is WDW customer service at its worse. No announcements and no blocked off dates? Just have the guests call everyday?

So I would appreciate it if someone from the Dis Unplugged team could find out the story here and report on it.

Thank you,
Beth

Google didn't reveal anything so there is not likely anything official about this. But given the show is going away already it may be they are just not getting the desired demand for the packages.

They are probably not opening the Harmonius Dinner viewing because it is time to “ package” the Candlelight Processional Dinner Packages.
When you booked successfully in the past , was your vacation during Candleight Holidays?
Maybe they have Corporate Events during the holidays and are focusing Cast for those types of events.

Last edited:

When you booked successfully in the past , was your vacation during Candleight Holidays?
Maybe they have Corporate Events during the holidays and are focusing Cast for those types of events.

Yes. I book them several times a year, year round. I don’t think Spice Road table was ever a participant in the Candlelight Processional or the tables for it at R & C were inside.

They always load late.

And I am OK with blocking out dates or DCing it - then JUST DO IT! Don’t leave them up and have me “Check Availability” everyday for weeks when they ARE NOT available and never will be.

Typical Disney, no rhyme or reason...but I've seen them loaded as late as 30 days prior. I also remember Enchantment dessert parties being loaded less than 25 days prior. It's frustrating and makes no sense. Also, word on the street is Rose and Crown is not accepting any reservations past Oct 1. Maybe it's going down for refurb thus no fireworks packages there? I had alerts set up for Spice Road for next week and I did get an alert for **** Road....missed my window though. Regardless, it's frustrating.

Not really sure what the pull was for the dinner packages to begin with, they were at restaurants that had no view of the ring gate.

We’ve always loved R & C before there were packages available. Twenty years ago no one at home made fish and chips and those always brought back memories of our trips to England. It was a must do every trip. It is the only place I’ve ever seen Boddingtons on tap.

When the illumination‘s package started it was perfect for us. The view was excellent and the food was always just what we were looking for.

Granted, now the view isn’t as good but the memories are even better through the years. Due to mobility issues I can’t stand and never loved the shoulder to shoulder crowds. Now I can take my Rollator and sit in the ADA and get a much better view but for nostalgics sake love the R & C.

I’m sure many of us “Legacy Fans” have similar quirky loves and must do’s.:love:

Hello!

Can someone from the crack investigative team at Disunplugged please check with a contact at WDW and find out what the story is with the Harmonious Dinner Packages? I love it and see at least twice a year if not twice a trip.

• Nothing at 60 + 8
  • Spent $60 or so dollars for a reservation finder
  • Set my alarm for 5:45 every day to check myself
  • 40 days out called AP customer service and after a lengthy hold, CM confirmed they have not been loaded but would be once the Fireworks schedule has been released. Um, when have they NOT been at 9PM
  • 28 days out called again to politely express my frustration and ask IF they are going to be released and if not BLOCK them off. CM could not confirm or deny they will be loaded and expressed sympathy for my daily wake up calls
  • No one on the Disboards has reported getting reservations
  • My subscription service is working for other reservations but Zero for this and I now have 8 days or so signed up for two different vacations.
This is WDW customer service at its worse. No announcements and no blocked off dates? Just have the guests call everyday?

So I would appreciate it if someone from the Dis Unplugged team could find out the story here and report on it.

Thank you,
Beth
Hi, Beth!

I sure wish that we could get ahold of some new information regarding the Harmonious Dining Packages, but all they will say over the phone is to keep checking back. I will keep digging and will come back and post if I'm able to find out anything new!

Hi, Beth!

I sure wish that we could get ahold of some new information regarding the Harmonious Dining Packages, but all they will say over the phone is to keep checking back. I will keep digging and will come back and post if I'm able to find out anything new!

Thanks for checking Jackie!! I was hoping that they would be more responsive to the Dis Unplugged podcast crew instead of a lowly old AP holder and "Legacy Fan"

If they don't want to have them anymore stop asking us to "Check Availability" everyday or waste money on a reservation finder. Take them down from the website and calendar.

R & C just opened regular dining this morning for Oct 1st and Oct 2nd. That is less than two weeks away. Makes it hard to plan and now I have to cancel my backup plans. Vacations shouldn't be this hard.

Over at WDWmagic, a poster there said they are making changes to Rose and Crown.
"So it looks like they will no longer be offering lunch service in the dining room, only dinner starting at 4. Pub should still be open all day. Unsure if pub grub menu will be offered at lunch or not. Website still won’t let you book any type of reservation for any meal period."

I am also a fan of the Fireworks Dining Packages and feel your frustration. I was able to get a 7:25 dinner reservation at Rose and Crown in November and just plan on staying until Harmonius starts. We would much rather be able to wait comfortably and not packed in.

A follow up. My trip to EPCOT a couple weeks ago over several days I had a chance to interact with many wonderful CM’s at R&C. They are putting up a sign in the morning advertising openings for the fireworks package. This make sense because now if bad weather is predicted they won’t open them.

Just advertising them with a sign up the morning of is filling the tables so why put them online? Not good for planners but it does make more sense.

Lunch is closed and that opens the tables to the pub guests.

Menu is cut back because of lack of kitchen staff.

I did snag a table for two last minute but there were 4, yes 4 poles blocking my view but I was able to move once Harmonious began.

Attachments

• 8C1B2188-FBB5-4321-BE25-7A62CBFDD9B9.jpeg
    8C1B2188-FBB5-4321-BE25-7A62CBFDD9B9.jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 5

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter