Harder to get ADR for party of 1 vs party of 2??

tgbanks3

Mouseketeer
I'll be staying an extra day next month and was going to try to get an ADR at a place my family wouldn't enjoy (due to having young kids). I can't find anything for a party of 1, but when I change it to party of 2, several places open up. What gives?

Disney’s algorithm likes even numbers. The same occurs for parties of 3 vs 4 sometimes. Just book one for a party of 2. It doesn’t matter if only one shows up, I’ve done it before.

I'll be staying an extra day next month and was going to try to get an ADR at a place my family wouldn't enjoy (due to having young kids). I can't find anything for a party of 1, but when I change it to party of 2, several places open up. What gives?
it isn't just 2. it is a lot easier to find even number ressies than odd. take a 2 Ressie and not worry if you show up you will not be charged the no show fee for other person, we have done this with larger ressies all the time

^ This. Or I have sometimes been able to make an initial reservation for 2 and then later “modify” it down to 1. It just really can’t seem to search for it as 1.

Disney’s algorithm likes even numbers. The same occurs for parties of 3 vs 4 sometimes. Just book one for a party of 2. It doesn’t matter if only one shows up, I’ve done it before.

Dont you get charged the $10 for a no show for the other person?

No. As long as one person shows for an ADR you are not charged a no show fee for any others.

Even numbers maximize the use of each table. While there are a few locations with tables that are meant to seat odd numbered parties (Ohana for example has tables for 3), most tables come in even number spots (2 tops, 4 tops, 6 tops, and on). It makes sense that a restaurant would want to maximize their use of the seats that are available. Stinks for those of us who go solo or have odd numbered parties, but I also can't really blame the way the system is set up from a business perspective.

Interesting... we’re a family of 5 and I’ve been nervous about getting our ADRs (window opens tomorrow!). Wondering if this would work with places that require advance payment? (And receive a refund based on the modified reservation.)

as of now no as long as some of us show up like 3 out of 4 show up. have done a number of times as it is always easier to get even number than odd. the exception would be a prepaid meal/dinner show

Interesting... we’re a family of 5 and I’ve been nervous about getting our ADRs (window opens tomorrow!). Wondering if this would work with places that require advance payment? (And receive a refund based on the modified reservation.)

I was a party of 5 and had zero issues finding anything at 6 AM on ADR day.

I think that it was a glitch. I encountered the same thing last night when checking for my May trip. Party of 1 had two results, but party of 2 had a long list. I checked back later on and it was back to normal.

I found this to be a problem yesterday and today as well. I will be there the last week of Sept and I could not find a single reservation for 2 for Sun Sept 22. If I looked for 3 I found numerous. Not sure what is going on?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter