Hard-sided suit cases

KellyJ76

Earning My Ears
I just yesterday I purchased a new hard-sided Samsonite suitcase at Costco to use as the 1 bag DH & I will be checking at the airport for our trip to WDW on Tues. night. I just assumed that it would be a good choice for checking as it seems very sturdy & durable. Then I heard that my MIL & FIL had a similar suitcase that became smashed in after their 1st flight with it. I realize that this can happen & luggage some times becomes damaged, but now I'm wondering if this kind of suitcase really isn't as great as I expected it to be.

Has anyone had any experience with a similar suitcase? Thanks for your help.

We have had 4 hard sided Delsey suitcases that have gone on approximately 25 trips (domestic and international). They have never been damaged, not even the wheels or pulls. We got them because they can't be cut into as easily. Biggest disadvantage is that they start out heavy before I've packed a single item!

we have hard sided American Tourister luggage that has traveled just fine to tons of places. I love em. I pack a lot of food in the including loaves of bread, muffins etc, and it always arrives in perfect condition.

Hate all luggage....LOL! First had hard sided American Tourister, first trip they ripped off the metal handle! Then tried very expensive soft sided luggage, first trip they ripped a hole in it. Now DH and I just use cheap duffle bags....20 bucks for a set of 4! Who cares what they do to them now, we just go get more! LOL :D

RANdisNEY,

Funny you should say that the hard sided style is heavier. My wife didn't believe me when I said the soft sided was heavier. So I weighed the Am Tourister soft side she had when we were married and it was heavier than the same size Am tourister hard shell I had when we married.

Not only that, her soft side was on four wheels and was pulled by a strap. My hard shell had two wheels on one corner and was pulled by a rigid handle bar. The hard shell was easier to pull and because of the rigid handle, it didn't "ramble" behind me or tip over as easy as the soft side. By the way, the luggage my wife had and the luggage I had were the same color so we wound up with 5 pieces of "matching" luggage. We were meant to be married!

However, we now use soft side luggage with rigid handles. Go figure! lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter