hard rock vs. royal pacific

mmouse50

DIS Veteran
I know that people love one or the other but tell me which one is better? Travel party - 2 adults and 3 kids 12,11,8. I have stayed at the hard rock before and the walk to the parks is wonderful but as for the hotel - I am sorry I wasn't overwhelmed. But to be honest rock n roll is sort of lost on me - I am there for the parks not the hotel.

So please weigh in with your help.

I don’t think any one is “better” than the other.

It’s really down to what theme and style you prefer. What’s right for you may not be right for anyone else.

Check out the pictures in the stickies and see which would suit your family better.

I agree with @schumigirl. We have stayed at all of the deluxe onsite hotels and they are beautiful! We are not rock & roll people but after we tried HRH and now know the staff (who are amazing and treat us like family) we choose to stay at HRH. It's more about the experience at HRH for us. I think you could get that at RP and PBH, too as the team members at Universal parks and hotels are stellar!

If you didn't love HRH, give RPR a try. Beautiful grounds, great staff, good food. More of a resort feel. I much prefer the HRH pool area and outside eating. I also prefer The Kitchen to Islands Dining Room. Rooms are about 40 square feet bigger as well. But I say try RPR.

We love both but are drawn more to HRH. We will stay at HRH when the price is right but if its not in our budget, we will stay at RPR. I could take or leave the rock & roll theme at HRH, but what I love about is the laid-back vibe and The Kitchen. Those two things coupled with a shorter walk to the parks and CityWalk gives HRH the edge for us.

I think the pool at HRH is better for the age of your kids. Also, the regular rooms at HRH are bigger than RPR, but so is the price. I also find there to be more quick food choices for kids, or picky eaters, at HRH. I didn't think that I would like HRH that much, since I'm not a big fan of the restaurants or of rock n roll memorabilia. Plus, the Poly is my favorite hotel at WDW. However, I ended up liking HRH more than RPR. I wouldn't hesitate to stay in either though. It's almost a coin toss.

If HR wasn't your style, I would give RP a try. It is a great hotel and my kids prefer it to HR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter