• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hard Rock vs Beach Club

Thomasboys

Mouseketeer
I shot gunned a trip to Orlando when I found airfare for $150 per person! It is a QUICK trip in a few weeks with a late arrival on Thursday evening and an evening departure on Sunday evening. Disney parks are not a consideration as we have a Disney trip in October and we typically go every year. On this trip we want to go to Universal (never been) and stay at Yacht Club and enjoy the pool.

We can either check-in to the Hard Rock Thursday night, do Universal Friday (totally fine with gutting this out after a late night check-in), and then check in to Yacht Club Friday night and enjoy the pool on Saturday and Sunday before we head out. -OR- check in to Yacht Club on Thursday night, enjoy the pool on Friday (just wouldn't have an actual room after Friday check-out) and then check-in at the Hard Rock Friday night, do Universal on Saturday and pool day Sunday morning before we head to the airport. The cost difference really isn't a factor. I'm leaning towards more time at Yacht Club...but would love some feedback!

I agree about just staying at a Universal resort and would also spend a few days in the parks. We were there in November 2021 only had a day and a half. We do not go on roller coasters or anything with a drop and did not get to do everything we wanted wished we had more time.

I think when you get down to Universal, you will appreciate how laid back it is and how walkable (especially being at hardrock) everything is. City walk, other hotels/pools, the parks are just a short walk away. There is a lot to do and I agree with others that you'll want to cut out the Disney hotel for this trip. If you must do yacht club, I would opt for the plan that lets you stay on universal property longer.

For a short trip I wouldn't waste time moving from Universal to Disney esp if you're not going to the parks.
I agree with others to stay at Uni and if you really want to do a split stay I recommend Sapphire Falls, Portofino or Royal Pacific

Another thought is pick based on park day. Universal can be a lot busier on a Saturday vs Friday. Express passes are great but walking through crowds is still walking through crowds. Though my family is pretty crowd adverse.

I would do HRH Thursday, park Friday because I would think parks would be busier on the weekend. You could also consider doing HRH Thursday and Friday, then moving hotels Saturday AM - but it might be nicer to just have a late night switch on Friday so you can relax all day Saturday.

I also wouldn't disagree with the other posters that it could be just as relaxing to stay at Universal for the whole weekend. HRH is great, but the pool at Sapphire falls might be the prettiest (hotel does not have express pass).

You can pool hop the different resorts at Universal. If you stay at HRH, you could check out the pools at Cabana Bay (has a lazy river), Sapphire Falls or Royal Pacific. HRH has a nice pool, too. I don’t think I’d move to a Disney hotel just for a pool day. If you want something cheaper than HRH for the pool day, check out Cabana Bay prices. It would be easier to move to another universal hotel than go to Disney.

I know this wasn’t one of your scenarios, but I would plan for 2 days at Universal (Islands of Adventure one day, Universal Studios the other), and do a deluxe hotel the night between your park visits, so you can get Express passes for both days. Then transfer to a moderate hotel so you can enjoys the pools. (Or stay at the HRH the whole time - as mentioned, you can pool hop)

If you’ve never been to UO there is way too much to cram into a single day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter