Hard Rock Hotel to Magic Kingdom via Beach Club

Mark Hammond

Earning My Ears
We’re transferring from the Hard Rock Hotel to the Beach Club on Saturday 25th May. Planning on checking out at 10:00am, and using Uber/Lyft to the Beach Club to collect our Magic Bands and drop our luggage with Bell Services, then using the Disney Bus to travel to the Magic Kingdom. Is it feasible to expect to be through security and actually in the park by 12:00, or is this cutting it too fine?
I wanted to schedule my FP’s to run back to back, and use them before catching the parade at 3:00, so that I could hopefully be able to get a 4th FP to use straight after the parade.
We’ve been to Disney before in 2016, but never to Universal, nor have we used Uber/Lyft, so any advice on this would be much appreciated.
TIA.

We’re transferring from the Hard Rock Hotel to the Beach Club on Saturday 25th May. Planning on checking out at 10:00am, and using Uber/Lyft to the Beach Club to collect our Magic Bands and drop our luggage with Bell Services, then using the Disney Bus to travel to the Magic Kingdom. Is it feasible to expect to be through security and actually in the park by 12:00, or is this cutting it too fine?
I wanted to schedule my FP’s to run back to back, and use them before catching the parade at 3:00, so that I could hopefully be able to get a 4th FP to use straight after the parade.
We’ve been to Disney before in 2016, but never to Universal, nor have we used Uber/Lyft, so any advice on this would be much appreciated.
TIA.

It's possible, shouldn't be more than a half hour from HRH to Beach Club, could be some delay at Beach Club desk, security lines at MK at that time shouldn't be too long. I don't know how long the bus trip will take though, how many other resorts it will stop at. That could slow you down. Remember that you would have until 1:10 to show up for a noon FP.

It's possible, shouldn't be more than a half hour from HRH to Beach Club, could be some delay at Beach Club desk, security lines at MK at that time shouldn't be too long. I don't know how long the bus trip will take though, how many other resorts it will stop at. That could slow you down. Remember that you would have until 1:10 to show up for a noon FP.
Thanks for the reply. I was going to schedule Peter Pan as the first FastPass at 11:45 though, plus as only second-time visitors, it will take us a while to actually make it up Main Street and through the castle, as we’ve got young girls of 6 & 8, and I want them to take it all in. I’m trying to keep it tight as I wanted to get the three FP’s done, and then get some food to go, which will keep them occupied while waiting for the parade...
The alternative would be to start the FP’s later, and split them at either side of the parade, which I was trying to avoid as it would delay us trying for a 4th FP until around 4:00pm instead of around 2:00

I was going to schedule Peter Pan as the first FastPass at 11:45 though...

I’m trying to keep it tight as I wanted to get the three FP’s done, and then get some food to go, which will keep them occupied while waiting for the parade...

The alternative would be to start the FP’s later, and split them at either side of the parade, which I was trying to avoid as it would delay us trying for a 4th FP until around 4:00pm instead of around 2:00
or...
... we’ve got young girls of 6 & 8, and I want them to take it all in.

Tight maximization of Fast Passes? Or taking it all in?

The girls will love it, no matter what you do. Have a great trip!

Other possibilities - You could take an Uber or Minnie Van to the MK to get there quicker. Or, try checking out earlier from Hard Rock.

Doesn't online check-in allow you to skip the front desk?

Bus from BC to MK should be stopping only at YC & BC, with BC being last stop. I'm not positive, but I don't think buses to MK ever stop at all 5 Epcot resorts, even midday. Which does not preclude a delay due to wheelchair loading, but additional stops shouldn't be an issue. Once on the bus, it shouldn't be more than 15 minutes to MK.

or...

Tight maximization of Fast Passes? Or taking it all in?

Both! I just didn’t want to be dragging them up Main Street to avoid missing Peter Pan! We’ll be at the park until close, plus we’re visiting MK another two times, so there’s no need to be rushing from one thing to the next. As I said,I just wanted to get the first three planned FP’s used before the parade. We can take it easier from then on. :)

Other possibilities - You could take an Uber or Minnie Van to the MK to get there quicker. Or, try checking out earlier from Hard Rock.

They’re both options I suppose, but again, I didn’t want to be rushing the kids too much in the morning. I’ve read that resort bus arrival times are available on the App now, so we could always make other arrangements from BC if the wait was going to be too long.

Doesn't online check-in allow you to skip the front desk?

We’re travelling from the UK, so we’d have to collect the Magic Bands from the front desk anyway.

Thanks all for the input anyway. It’s much appreciated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter