Hard Rock Hotel Review

Disxuni

"Where's the fun without a bit of risk?"
Hello all, just came back from a trip and I'm going to try not too drag on too long and focus more on the hotel aspects and give pros/good experiences and cons/bad experiences. I feel it's still going to be long though.

536616 536617

Pros

- Location (5-10 minute walk to Universal / City Walk).
- Over all look, appearance, and theme (due to being a huge fan of rock music).
- Was upgraded to pool view room due to room not being ready.
- Beautiful view from room (recommend that for best view for any room you request to ask for high level room).
- Variety of restaurants and bars (most of the restaurants have some of the same food items).
- Large pool (also, if you're looking for a resort with a slide they have one).
- While they do not have brunch they still have a family style meal at The Kitchen on the weekends.
- Second and third person spoke to at front desk (second person was able to finally ensure I had text message to receive updates / be able to contact for assistance in the future, also informed me it's best to have wifi on to receive messages and received birthday pin, third person gave upgrade room due to room not being ready and giving birthday voucher for the Kitchen).
- Server at The Palm was friendly and efficient. Also, while we brought our own cake I thought it was nice that he lit the candles for us and brought the cake to the table for us to take pictures and what not, before they officially cut it.

Cons

- First person I spoke to at front desk (text message is supposed to be sent to you when/if you arrive early to find out when your room is ready, but also used so if you need to ask for towels, bedding, or questions, however never confirmed, or asked I received a text message after giving my phone number, didn't receive a birthday voucher even though she noticed we were celebrating a birthday (was unknown at the time that this is supposed to be received), and stated they would note that we were not visiting the parks so we could get to our room faster, but unknown if that occurred as we arrived at 8am and didn't get into room until after 4pm (yes, that is official check in time and accepted the wait time, but my friends pushed to ask since we'd seen others go to their rooms) however this was mended by getting upgraded as mentioned previously).
- Sever at The Kitchen didn't initially come to our table until well over 10 minutes and was not busy (believe someone else made a complaint because shortly after he did another worker came by to ask us and other tables near if that specific server came over). I'm pretty patient and can wait, but wanted to generally mention that the service we received by that person as a whole was slow, but I don't wanna go on too much, but wanted to at least give one specific example. Not sure if that's normal, or not, as I know some restaurants like to take their time.
- Air conditioning wasn't working absolutely correctly. We had a fan that helped cool us off more. Also, make sure your fridge is on.

Pro and Con

- Servers at the Beachside / Pool. They have a decent amount that come around to help and you can order from. Just note that automatically have 18% gratuity added. They were relatively proactive as once we ordered drinks my friend said she wished she ordered a water and luckily our server came with three waters along with our drinks. It isn't just the official person who serves you, but others occasionally ask if everything is good too. So, it's nice that everyone appears to want to help out. Now here is the con part. I ended up spilling a drink of mine and it was quite obvious I spilled it (towel soaked, ice every where, fruit on the towel, and straw out). Perhaps I should have taken a picture of the after math, but I noticed that afterward, that not only the server, but more than one server briefly would glance to ask if we needed anything only to walk by. I noticed specifically when our official server would come back they would talk and focus on looking at my friends, not me. Even when helping with giving things, or taking things away, but wouldn't say anything still, or look my way. Being the fact that I'm shy and never want to come across as demanding I didn't want to state I wanted another drink, or ask if it's possible. Especially since I do not know about their policy on whether they can replace spilled drinks, but whether it can't be done, or not, it kind of made me feel bad that it was clear they were trying to ignore the situation, or more focused on my friends than me. Also, as someone who has worked in customer service for awhile, I feel as if you should be more proactive than reactive.

Margarita - $15

Mimosa - $9.50 or 2 for 15 (if you wish to have more than one you have to have a complete meal, not just a side).

I thought I'd focus on letting you guys know more about the hotel experience rather than the whole experience as I think that'd take awhile. However, as a whole I had a really amazing weekend and such a good time! Hard Rock is definitely one of my favorite resorts!

When we were there last December the pool bar staff always reminded people that the 18% tip was included, they were also hugely friendly and we spent many a great evening there.

We also ate breakfast at The Kitchen and they were always fast and efficient - the food was also amazing.

Sorry to hear that your experience wasn't 100% great though.

When we were there last December the pool bar staff always reminded people that the 18% tip was included, they were also hugely friendly and we spent many a great evening there.

We also ate breakfast at The Kitchen and they were always fast and efficient - the food was also amazing.

Sorry to hear that your experience wasn't 100% great though.

It's all good. The experience as a whole was great. I'll always love HR. They reminded us too, but wanted to let people know ahead of time and I believe they state it on the menu too, honestly I didn't mind the auto tip (as I usually give 20% period) and they were great except for that one part. Also, I had a feeling it was not the general experience as I saw another table in a section near us getting a lot of visits. He came around enough to get a couple of mimosas though at least which was good to me! Hehe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter