HARD ROCK HOTEL INFO, FAQ and more........

Anyone have experiences at the Hard Rock when their dates are sold out? Going May 22-29, have never stayed here.

Anyone have experiences at the Hard Rock when their dates are sold out? Going May 22-29, have never stayed here.

Last year around Columbus Day weekend we were there and agree, it was a great experience. The pool never felt overcrowded, probably because we went in the evening when a lot of guests were at HHN. But even when we arrived in the afternoon there were still lots of loungers around and even though the pool is smaller that Portofino's (I think) it didn't seem overly full of children. I will say though do not expect to get your room early. We waited up until right at 4 and that's about when I got the text the room was ready. I can usually get my room early at Portofino but Hard Rock is 0/1 on that front. So just be prepared to swim or visit the parks while you're waiting for your room.

I will say though do not expect to get your room early. We waited up until right at 4 and that's about when I got the text the room was ready. I can usually get my room early at Portofino but Hard Rock is 0/1 on that front. So just be prepared to swim or visit the parks while you're waiting for your room.

Yes- agree with this. When they are full, our room hasn't been ready early. Also, we like to ask for a late checkout if we have a late flight home. If they are full, they sometimes cannot accommodate a late checkout- or we will get a noon checkout which is fine. But usually, not anything later. No problem with either of these- just a heads up.

Thanks! We do get in around Noon but I figured we wouldn't be able to get our room early. Planning on lunch, a little shopping and pool time.

Not sure how sold out it is. I have been moving our rooms around for those dates and there's been availability.
We check in 5/23, out 5/28.
Just moved categories yesterday using the Stay More, Save More promo

ETA - just checked again and yet another category is available today, so total of 3, vs 2 that was there yesterday. So it's not sold out for 23-28 at least.

Last edited:

Not sure how sold out it is. I have been moving our rooms around for those dates and there's been availability.
We check in 5/23, out 5/28.
Just moved categories yesterday using the Stay More, Save More promo

ETA - just checked again and yet another category is available today, so total of 3, vs 2 that was there yesterday. So it's not sold out for 23-28 at least.

Must just be the 22nd sold out.

Meh, no great loss about the Velvet being closed for awhile. I prefer having my beverages at the Beach Club anyways. It would be great if the Velvet opened earlier than 5, at least then you could drop in for a before dinner drink 🍷 while waiting for your reservation at The Palm, which also opens at 5, but then I like to eat early.

Yes! We came over from Disney at 8am-ish, they gave us our keys and we went up for breakfast before hitting the parks.

That is great to know! We are doing our first club level stay ever when we go next March. That is an added bonus!

Anyone have good room requests for a pool view category, aside from upper floor? I’ve only stayed once before and in a GV room. Couldn’t see much because it was torrential rain every day.

Does anyone know if HRH have full size cribs or only pack and plays?
I've requested a crib for our 10 month old but want a "normal" crib not a pack & play.
I could rent one from Kingdom Strollers but am curious if anyone has had any luck getting one from the hotel directly.

Sorry for the double post, I thought of this question a few days after my last one.
Question about Club Level. I've watched some youtube videos and I'm wondering if it is OK to take food with you or does it have to be eaten there?
I'd love to take a whole bunch of pasteries and packets of crisps into the parks to save $ on snacks for the kids and us. But don't want to get into trouble.

Sorry for the double post, I thought of this question a few days after my last one.
Question about Club Level. I've watched some youtube videos and I'm wondering if it is OK to take food with you or does it have to be eaten there?
I'd love to take a whole bunch of pasteries and packets of crisps into the parks to save $ on snacks for the kids and us. But don't want to get into trouble.
Hi. I have stayed Club Level at RPR, and we will be staying Club Level HRH February 2020. The lounge staff will encourage you to take bottles of water with you. It is reasonable to take 1 bottle per person in your party. You will be allowed, for example, to take a bottle of water for your 2 children that are in your room getting ready. Now, the following is my opinion, but I think it would be fine to take a couple snacks out of the lounge to eat in your room, or on the walk to the parks. I don't think lounge food and snacks are put out for the purpose of eating them as snacks into your park time. It sounds as you have not stayed Club Level yet. Prepare yourself....... Once you stay Club Level, it's hard to not do it in the future IMO.

Hi. I have stayed Club Level at RPR, and we will be staying Club Level HRH February 2020. The lounge staff will encourage you to take bottles of water with you. It is reasonable to take 1 bottle per person in your party. You will be allowed, for example, to take a bottle of water for your 2 children that are in your room getting ready. Now, the following is my opinion, but I think it would be fine to take a couple snacks out of the lounge to eat in your room, or on the walk to the parks. I don't think lounge food and snacks are put out for the purpose of eating them as snacks into your park time. It sounds as you have not stayed Club Level yet. Prepare yourself....... Once you stay Club Level, it's hard to not do it in the future IMO.
Thanks for the reply. The reason I asked is because with a 3yo and a 10mo old I didn't want to eat in the actual lounge - it's just too much hassle, much easier to take to our room.
We've booked the room but I am still undecided on it. It's a lot of extra money, we wanted the King for the extra floor space (so we can fit the crib) but I'm now thinking about staying at Cabana Bay and just getting a 1nt room at Hard Rock for the EP's and saving around $1000

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!