HARD ROCK HOTEL INFO, FAQ and more........

I called a few times and did get more info about the cabanas.
Updated that section in the sticky.

The one thing i did not confirm is the discount for the ap holders but do know those on club level do receive a discount on cabana rental.
The amount was not disclosed to me as it depends on the season and day of the week you book it.
Fridays and Saturdays have higher charges for the cabanas.

Also, still trying to confirm the $50 discount that pattyw received for food/beverage.

The last time i rented a cabana has been years ago.
The food/beverage discount was in effect back then and assume it still is valid
But, I don't list any info until I call and confirm with the hotel.
So for now, lets say it is a great possibility that discount still applies for all (unofficially

We stayed club level and asked about the discount. They said we'd then lose the food/beverage credit.

I booked a cabana for our stay in November. It was $125 for the day. I asked about the discount for staying club level and they told us that because the price was already so discounted that they couldn't discount it lower. They didn't mention a food/beverage credit and the confirmation email that I received doesn't say anything about it.

I booked a cabana for our stay in November. It was $125 for the day. I asked about the discount for staying club level and they told us that because the price was already so discounted that they couldn't discount it lower. They didn't mention a food/beverage credit and the confirmation email that I received doesn't say anything about it.
I assume since they discounted the cabana that low, they took away the food/beverage credits.

When I called them today I was told they do discount certain days when cabanas are going unbooked.
Maybe that is why you got a deal on it in November?
Just a guess on my part.

Wow.....that is a good price!!

With that amount of discount on the Cabana cost I wouldn’t mind losing any other discount........

I know a poster on another board got a discount because it was January and not many were booking them. Just like mac was mentioning in her post when she called them directly.

You got a good price!

Wow.....that is a good price!!

With that amount of discount on the Cabana cost I wouldn’t mind losing any other discount........

I know a poster on another board got a discount because it was January and not many were booking them. Just like mac was mentioning in her post when she called them directly.

You got a good price!

I was extremely happy! I was shocked when she told me the price. I was expecting twice that to be honest. I definitely am not expecting any other discount! My husband and I are planning on spending a very relaxing day at the pool. :)

I was extremely happy! I was shocked when she told me the price. I was expecting twice that to be honest. I definitely am not expecting any other discount! My husband and I are planning on spending a very relaxing day at the pool. :)

Sounds like a plan!!

We're at HRH now. We rented a cabana yesterday. It was $150.00. We checked in at 9:00am at the fitness center and paid. We could be in the cabana from 9:00am-10:00pm. We received a fruit basket and ice bucket with water. The fridge was stocked with sodas- coke, diet coke, and sprite. We did not get a food/beverage credit this time- I'm assuming because it was a discounted price. It was great!

We are going in May and I am curious as to why people rent cabanas. I'm not being snarky, I need to know what we are missing! Do we need to do this one day? Why pay extra when you can lounge for free? They do come around and take orders so you don't have to get up. Please tell us what we are missing!

We are going in May and I am curious as to why people rent cabanas. I'm not being snarky, I need to know what we are missing! Do we need to do this one day? Why pay extra when you can lounge for free? They do come around and take orders so you don't have to get up. Please tell us what we are missing!

We do it for a few reasons. It adds a little something special to a day at the pool. It is nice to have a "reserved" spot that you know will be there, especially if it is a busy time of the year. I am extremely fair. I practically glow in the dark. I have found that it is difficult to actually find adequate shade at most pools. I am guaranteed shade in the cabana. We tend to be a lounge around and read until we want to cool off in the pool or get into the hot tub. It is nice to have a space where I can lock up my tablet and know it will still be there when I return.

It really is an individual choice. I will admit that I always thought it was a little silly until we actually did it for the first time at Aquatica. Since then if we can afford the extra money, we do it.

I don't think you need to rent a cabana- but it's a nice splurge. You also get a safe large enough to hold your valuables- it fit my chromebook as well. So, we could take our phones, chromebook, etc and not worry about leaving them when we went swimming or up to the club lounge for snacks and appetizers. There was a lot of chairs available when we were there a few days ago, but we liked having our guaranteed spot. We had a tv as well, so we spent the entire day at the pool- something we wouldn't do without the cabana.

Question- do you foresee any problem in bringing a small cooler bag down to the pool area? Said bag may or may not contain alcohol....Hypothetically....

Last edited:
Question- do you foresee any problem in bringing a small cooler bag down to the pool area? Said bag may or may not contain alcohol....Hypothetically....

You can't have outside food and beverages- especially alcohol. My son brought some beers that he bought at the store down on a trip last year. He was told he couldn't drink them there.

We brought some snacks from the club lounge when we were there last week, and no one said anything- but we put in drink and lunch orders from the bar and restaurant. So, a few snacks might be ok but the alcohol will be a no go.

I go by the 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' rule. I place my beverage of choice in a hydro flask. It keeps it very cold and no one knows what you are drinking.

Yeah, a cooler is probably pushing it a bit. Bringing individual drinks though has never been a problem for me, especially if it is in a tumbler or is covered in some way (ie coozie or sleeve on a aluminum bottle, remember no glass). I'm not leaving my room towards the pool area without a "starter" beverage in hand. :drinking1

So I'm thinking a 32 oz yeti with my premixed beverage of choice may be the way to go.

I have a question about 5 people in a garden view room at HRH. 8 nights early August.

2 adults, 18 yr adult, 2 kids ages 15 & 12

1. I keep reading that the roll away beds are available on a first come first served basis. I'm confused about this. They accepted my reservation for 5 people, but I may not have a place for 5 people to sleep? Is that right?

2. The price on my reservation -- does that include the $25 per night for this roll away that I may not have access to? If it doesn't include that .. maybe I should consider the deluxe queen room. An earlier post mentioned a sofa. How big is it? My 12 year old is pretty small - 54 inches, 70 lbs. Would he be able to sleep on it? For that matter matter, my 18 year old small - -5 feet, 100 lbs. Would she fit?

Thanks for your help.

Not sure if you are saying there is an additional $25 charge on your reservation.....

You are allowed 2 adults in the room with 3 kids
Since you have a third adult, the 18 yo, there is a $25 charge per night.
This happens for each additional adult 18 and up.

If you rented the rollaway, it would have a $25 fee

Thanks for your help. I edited my question while you were posting. Yes, additional charge since my oldest is 18 now I expected.

I thought that the cost of the rollaway for the 5th person was included in my quoted vacation package price and guaranteed, but it seems I would pay that when I arrived IF there is one available. If it's not available, the kids are too big to fit in one queen .... I guess I'd have to run out to Walmart or something to buy something to sleep on? That's not a risk I'm willing to take. I'm going to switch to the deluxe room.

Do you know if there is a refrigerator in queen deluxe rooms?

Thanks for your help. I edited my question while you were posting. Yes, additional charge since my oldest is 18 now I expected.

I thought that the cost of the rollaway for the 5th person was included in my quoted vacation package price and guaranteed, but it seems I would pay that when I arrived IF there is one available. If it's not available, the kids are too big to fit in one queen .... I guess I'd have to run out to Walmart or something to buy something to sleep on? That's not a risk I'm willing to take. I'm going to switch to the deluxe room.

Do you know if there is a refrigerator in queen deluxe rooms?

Refrigerators in all rooms now :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!